Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez SRX300 ???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by metalbass101, May 26, 2004.

1. metalbass101

metalbass101

Jan 24, 2004
    Any thoughts on this bass?? Anything?

2. thomas85

thomas85

Mar 25, 2004
    i wouldnt buy it i was in the market for it a while ago and i used to play metal at the time so of course i thought of ibanez but i chose a yamaha 370 of it jsut found the soundgear necks way too thin plus my yammy as more punch and more purdy knobs to play with... that and i was never fond of agathis and it isnt active i dont think correct me if im wrong

3. metalbass101

metalbass101

Jan 24, 2004
    Actully the SRX series is active,almost all of them got basswood-not agathis,and thin or thick necks is purely a matter of opinion.I kinda liked their thin necks.Its really the feel and sound that are sopposed to shine on this type of bass.Not the features.Can anyone else shed some light on this??

4. flury

flury

May 21, 2004
    If youre in the market for a cheaper bass, dont get one with active electronics. Cheap electronics will take alot away from the bass.

5. Mel Monihan

Mel Monihan

Mar 30, 2004
    Great sounding and playing basses.Big sound and easy to play.I play the SRX500 because the neck is supposedly stronger (note where the joint is in the neck of the 300).Studio bass Legend Carol Kaye plays the 500 and the 700 and is in love with them.If you like it ,buy it, it will get better as you play it and get to know it better.Good luck.

6. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    I play the SRX-500. I'd recommend it, especially if you're into metal. They do have thinner necks, but tends to work out for me and speeds up my playing a bit.

7. thomas85

thomas85

Mar 25, 2004
    my bad i was thinking of the SR... the SRX is ok the 500 has a awsome bridge and with them 2 buckers is madcore for the power and craziness of metal, maybe if you got the cash go the 700 is neck thru i think

8. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    Another SRX500 user hear. Mean tone, fast playability and cheap prices. All of Ibanezs hallmarks. I challenge ANY similaly priced bass to beat any Ibanez.