1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ibanez SRX350 pick up replacement

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by RileyChaser, Jun 18, 2017.

1. RileyChaser

RileyChaser

Jun 18, 2017
    I bought an Ibanez SRX350 from a pawnshop about a year ago. I normally just play by myself, but I've recently joined a band. I'm not really getting the sound I want. I love my bass, I don't want to replace it, the body and neck are perfect for my hands, and I love the weight, but I want to replace the pick ups. The 350 is a metal style bass, that's a lot of what I play alone, but the band plays alternative/pop punk style.

What pickups would go best, and not cost my first born?

2. Dean N

Dean N

Jul 4, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Do you have any specific tone or sound you do want? Rather than saying warm or growly or hi-fi or some such, can you name a couple instruments or players whose sound(s) you do like?

What size are the pickups? Posting a pic of the Ibby body will help if you don't know.

Everyone will chime in with their favorites. If you want a less metal and maybe more polite sound, I'd go with Bartolinis.

Get yer popcorn ready!