1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanez SRX390

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AmpegDude726, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Does anyone have one of these??

If so could any of you post, P.M. or email me some pics, I'm trying to get some good quality pics of it, preferably outside or natural lighting to show the true color of it. I'm just about to pull the trigger on one of these bad boys and was just curious if anyone here could help me,

I appreciate any and all help I can get

-Dan

2. purplellama

purplellama

Aug 5, 2007
    I have played this bass and it's tone isn't great. I would recomend getting a epiphone thunderbird. It is cheaper but I think it is much higher quality.

3. i'm not concerened about the tonality, i love the srx series tone, i've got an SRX2XEX2 white with black outline, which is basically the same thing with different paint job, so i'm not concerned about that.

I just want pictures of it with better lighting than whats shown on MF or GC or samash

soooo BUMPAGE for pictures from home with good lighting

please fella's i'm hoping for some help here

I always appreciate any and all help

4. alexit

alexit

Feb 21, 2006
    Save your money for something better, I don't see any reason to own identical copies of a low-end guitar center bass, especially just because of a color. If you're stuck on Ibanez, start shopping for a used prestige, they'll be called SR1000, sr1200, etc. You'll get an incredible bass for the money.

5. Go for the SRX man! beautiful bass!

6. the 390 is now discontinued. I think the 470 is the newer version of it. Black with white binding.

7. Bobby B

Bobby B

Jul 24, 2009
    Dallas, Tx
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Bobby B

Bobby B

Jul 24, 2009
    Dallas, Tx
    Wait... this is from 2007?

hahahaha

9. how do u guys find the 390's? are they reliable?

10. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Evansville
    NOW that it's been dug up I want to know...

Did he buy the bass...

or

did he buy a set of strings instead...

The anxiety is killing me

:eyebrow:

11. Bobby B

Bobby B

Jul 24, 2009
    Dallas, Tx
    It's a good bass. It plays really well, it's well-made, I didn't have that one for years but it seemed reliable. It has a nice variety of sounds, but ultimately I didn't find any of them to be that great. I was having some trouble with my hand/arthritis, so needed a smaller neck bass, but have managed to work that out and sold the 390. Everyone has a different sound, plays different music so the sound being not right for me doesn't mean it's not right for you. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to someone. I think it's one of the best looking Ibby's I've seen.