Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez SRX400

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Oct 14, 2004.

1. has anyone tried these? i reckon they look hot, havent seen one in person though, the review i read said some good things about it
    [​IMG]

2. Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Dec 30, 2001
    Boston MA
    I have one in that same color, the picture doesnt do the finish any justice.
    Im looking to sell it though, its a great bass but it just doesnt fit me.

3. how much do they retail at..how much would you be looking for :D

4. Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Dec 30, 2001
    Boston MA
    I got mine for 350 but that was because I bought a new amp with it, they usually retail around 400 and I think Im gonna ask for about 300 for it. Its still in perfect condition, since i dont use it that much.

5. I've never played that model, but for what it's worth the SRX500 is a beautiful instrument with great playability and tone.

6. yeah ive played one of them, im not interested in another 2 humbucker pickup bass, cos i already have the best for that :D .....so im after a 1 humbucker (not a p :D )

7. Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Dec 30, 2001
    Boston MA
    The neck on it is fast and its really light so Id say it has better playability than a MIM P anyway.

8. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    I have played one too. Feels like the same neck thats on the SRX500. Plays and sounds good, I liked it.

9. all_your_bass

all_your_bass

Jul 20, 2004
    I own it in the Martini Olive Green (pictured above) and I'm quite happy with it, the tone is fantastic and I actually prefer it over the two humbucker srx500 and srx700 which sound a tad harsh. With a decent setup, it has a great feel and if nothing else, it's pretty damn sexy. Two thumbs up