1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ibanez SRX400

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Oct 14, 2004.

1. has anyone tried these? i reckon they look hot, havent seen one in person though, the review i read said some good things about it
    [​IMG]

2. Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Dec 30, 2001
    Boston MA
    I have one in that same color, the picture doesnt do the finish any justice.
    Im looking to sell it though, its a great bass but it just doesnt fit me.

3. how much do they retail at..how much would you be looking for :D

4. Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Dec 30, 2001
    Boston MA
    I got mine for 350 but that was because I bought a new amp with it, they usually retail around 400 and I think Im gonna ask for about 300 for it. Its still in perfect condition, since i dont use it that much.

5. I've never played that model, but for what it's worth the SRX500 is a beautiful instrument with great playability and tone.

6. yeah ive played one of them, im not interested in another 2 humbucker pickup bass, cos i already have the best for that :D .....so im after a 1 humbucker (not a p :D )

7. Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Dec 30, 2001
    Boston MA
    The neck on it is fast and its really light so Id say it has better playability than a MIM P anyway.

8. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    I have played one too. Feels like the same neck thats on the SRX500. Plays and sounds good, I liked it.

9. all_your_bass

all_your_bass

Jul 20, 2004
    I own it in the Martini Olive Green (pictured above) and I'm quite happy with it, the tone is fantastic and I actually prefer it over the two humbucker srx500 and srx700 which sound a tad harsh. With a decent setup, it has a great feel and if nothing else, it's pretty damn sexy. Two thumbs up