1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Ibanez SRX500 F/S

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jschwalls, Aug 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jschwalls

jschwalls

Sep 4, 2007
    Savannah GA
    DSCN6358.
    DSCN6359.
    DSCN6360.
    DSCN6364.

For Sale.... $250

on the last photo you can kinda see a small "dimple" in the finish, on the back of bass...

Thanks, JON

2. ESPplayer

ESPplayer

Nov 17, 2006
    Trades perhaps?

3. Jamasaurus

Jamasaurus

Sep 10, 2007
    Naples, FL
    How would you describe the tone from this bass? Does it get anywhere near that of a 'Ray?

4. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    IMHO it has the presence and the attack, but perhaps not the same growl. Does that make sense?

5. Left Left Goose

Left Left Goose Banned

Aug 19, 2008
    how does it compare to a L2000 trib?

6. jschwalls

jschwalls

Sep 4, 2007
    Savannah GA
    I am open to trades... I would like to have a compulator, EBS multicomp. or a Maxon CP+ pro...

DanGouge.. I agree with your answer..

It has a little more mid bite than the L2000...

It's a very cool bass...

I am just trying to raise funds to cover my recent hospital bill where I almost cut off my fingers.. ouch.

JON

7. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    It's a nice bass that's well made, easy to play and will get some very decent sounds. Soundwise, it's somewhat like a Stingray but a fuller bottom end and less midrange attack. Sort of like an L2000 if set with the tone controls at flat position. Soundwise, it's almost identical to the Ibanez SRX 690 or the older SRX 700, but a bolt on neck rather than neck through and ceramic magnet pickups rather than Alnico. The difference in sound between the ceramic and Alnico pickups is quite minimal, at least with this Ibanez. The two pickups give a wide range of sounds. I used one to substitute for my Fender P once and got a close enough sound using the neck pickup alone and a little tweaking of the eq on my amp. It's actually a very good bass. I'd trust it to stand up for a long time and not develop any neck issues. For this price it's sure enough worth it if you need a good players bass. Using good strings really makes a difference too.

8. jschwalls

jschwalls

Sep 4, 2007
    Savannah GA
    dead on 62bass.........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.