1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ibanez SRX505TK 5 string Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dgce, Mar 26, 2002.

1. dgce

dgce

Jun 17, 2001
    Massachusetts, USA
  2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

Wow! It has a sleek bolt on neck and a really clear tone!:D

3. Ladies and Gentlemen, the caustic embelisher...

Looks good, I wish Ibanez would make them with a maple fretboard. The preamp looks like it sucks. Other then that it looks promising.

4. dgce

dgce

Jun 17, 2001
    Massachusetts, USA
    Bigfeet, why do you think the pre-amp might suck? If you have any inside info, please let us know. True, the SXR's pre-amp is not likely on par with the BTMs, but...

Well for what its worth, in the new Bass Player mag, Dough Wimbish (sp?) was playing a 4 string neck-thru verson of this bass which I think is called SXR 700 or something. Aside from the neck-thru body bit, it appears to be the same bass electronics and all. Wimbish is an Ibanez guy and has his own signature models (which are pretty pricey, btw) so I doubt he'd be playing the SXR it the pre-am was crap. Then again...well he IS an Ibanez endorsor and I suppose its not unusual for some corprate suit to tap an endorsor on the shoulder and ask them to take some pictures with a new product of their's.

Which goes back to the origonal question, has ANYONE tried out one of these puppies (especially the 5 string)? It looks so cool, I'll be totally bummed it it really is crap!

Thanx!!!

Ron

5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

Hey, I was just quoting the sales pitch from Bass NW!:D

6. It uses the same preamp that's in the 305; I set my EQ's flat on all my basses. I think it's pretty silent for an active preamp, I find myself plugging into the passive input of amps to get more volume when I try them out. It's no lie that Ibanez basses get a bad name because they're associated with certain players but it really looks like a promising bass. But that EQ is a real turnoff, I think better selection of the pickups would be better then a two-band EQ. A seven way selection switch would make it more appealing IMO.