1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanez SRX590 Tuning Pegs and Bridge Corrosion

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by glasser_cannon, Sep 28, 2017.

1. So the other day I messed up pretty bad. I got home from my honeymoon to find out that my roommate's dog brought fleas into the house and they spread everywhere. I bombed the entire house, but I forgot to put one of my basses in its' case. The tuning pegs are not extremely corroded and in some places rusted. That being said, I'm looking to replace all of the hardware unless there is a way to clean them well enough. That being said, does anyone know if it is possible to clean the hardware up and if so how? If not, does anyone know where I can get the same bridge or a bridge that could fit this bass? I found the tuning pegs and the knobs, just not the bridge

Attached Files:

2. RSBBass

RSBBass

Jun 11, 2011
    NYC
    I would remove the hardware and go at it with metal polish. It doesn't look bad to me.

3. bolophonic

bolophonic Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Durham, NC
    I have no idea about how to fix your corrosion problem, but I would probably buy your original bridge if you replace it.