1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ibanez srx595 missing allen wrench insert on bridge saddle

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by phorm, Apr 4, 2009.

1. phorm

phorm

Apr 4, 2009
    I just bought this bass and I wanted to adjust the raise the B string a little bit, but when I went to use the old allen wrench, I noticed the little insert was missing on the one bridge saddle.
    Below is the link to the bridge saddle. On the top there is the hole for the allen wrench. If you look close you can see that Inside the hole is a little black metal insert that is the shape of 1/16 allen wrench, which allows you adjust the height.
    I bought this bass of American Musical Supply, and I don't like the thought of sending it back over this tiny part. Any advice?

http://www.ibanez.com/parts/2003_PARTS/el_bass/parts/2AC2B252.html

2. contact Ibanez directly, they can possibly just send the part, or you can try to find a set screw with the same threads.

3. some hardware stores have bins and bins of screws. go to to your local one and try to find one that fits. take the bridge with you. it's easy and only costs about $0.75

4. ACE is the place...

I had to get some saddle screws recently and ACE hardware had a bunch of them... they cost about 0.10 each.

Ox.

5. phorm

phorm

Apr 4, 2009
    Thanks for the input. I greatly appreciate it.

pete