Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez SRX700

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by conduit, Jul 1, 2004.

1. conduit

conduit

Jul 1, 2004
    Belgium
  2. fresnorich

fresnorich

Sep 17, 2003
    Fresno, CA
    The legendary Carol Kaye recently switched to this very bass. Check out her site and her forum for more positive opinions on this bass. www.carolkaye.com Opinions on other sites vary. I researched this bass quite a bit. Some have complained of neck problems (warping, fretboard lifting, etc.).
    Others seem to feel that it's one of the best values out there. They don't seem to hold much re-sale value, so you can probably pick one up used for about $300-400. I haven't ever personally played the four string. I checked out a five string which was nice, although I didn't care for the B string and the SRX500's feel like pretty quality instruments.

If you like this style of bass, check out a G&L L-2000. I think you'll find many more fans and enjoy a much better re-sale value.

3. Hey,

I think that if you dig the SRX, then you should get it. Sure, acknowledge what everyone here says, but dont let us influence you to heavily on your decision. After all, your the one that's gonna be forking out the cash! :D

Anyhow... i've heard good things about the SRX's, one of my mates is getting one soon, and he says that the sound is "like a stingray, only better." I personally havent ever played one.. so i guess im not that much of a help then.. oh well.

Follow your ears... let them do the deciding.

Pengwan.