1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanez strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Rob Lewis, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Rob Lewis

Rob Lewis

Feb 23, 2006
    London
    Hi all, I have just acquired an SR600 and was wondering what strings are fitted by the manufacturer. I Know that they used to use Elixir coated jobs, but these don't feel like that. They also used to specify strings fitted on their website but they seem to have removed this data. I also emailed their customer support folks but received no answer. Anyone got any idea?

2. iiipopes

iiipopes Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    It is my understanding that Ibanez uses D'Addario XL strings.

Thomas Kievit likes this.
  3. campbems

campbems Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    On all their Premium basses and Prestige they use the Elixirs.

Thomas Kievit and maestrovert like this.
  4. I did hear something about them using D'Addario's somewhere but when I bought my SRX300 a few years ago it came with Elixir's. The shop had a few other SR/SRX models (can't remember which ones specifically) and they were all Elixir's as well.

5. Thomas Kievit

Thomas Kievit Guest

May 19, 2012
    Some have Elixer strings, some D'Addario strings, like the BTB7 when it came out :)

6. iiipopes

iiipopes Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    EXP's and Elixir strings are made by D'Addario. If you go onto the Ibanez website and type "D'Addario" into its search engine, you will find which strings are on which instruments.

maestrovert likes this.