Ibanez sw100 vs Crate bfx100

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DevinI, Apr 1, 2004.

1. DevinI

Apr 1, 2004
    im wondering both around same price im just not sure which, if anyone has any other ideas for 100+ wat bass amps for 300-450 price range tell me
  2. DevinI

Apr 1, 2004
    this is important i plan to buy tomm
  3. for $300 a promising option online is the Ashdown EB series though I haven't heard them yet; they're well reviewed. I'm about to buy the 12" version. See the 12":
    and the 15":

but for $450 you're in a whole different league. you could get a used Workingman 15 or 12 easily for that. I think it was a mistype because I'll assume you knew that.

You can find reviews of the Crate amps at http://www.bgra.net/reviews/combo-index.html if you want to. The Ibanez is not there. Incidentally, there's a blem Crate at MF here, if it's what you want:
  4. DevinI

Apr 1, 2004
    im kinda newbie and im just lookin for a decent amp to use with my band so i can atleast hear myself, the ibanez is new i cant find reviews on it so i was hopping maybe someone on these forums had it and could tell me, btw that ashdown series looks intresting, cheap as well has anyone heard them, also is it a smart idea to order stuff online? cause local music shops dont have alot and everything seems alot more expensive
  5. Aristotle

May 12, 2002
    Easton, MD
    Having only played the Crate, I can't particularly comment on the Ibanez but I have a feeling that neither of them are really the epitome of good tone. In the 450 league you have a completely different set of amps. If your willing to spend that much I would reccomend the Ashdown MAG 210 combo, strong power section, very highly reviewed and pretty inexpensive for all you get.
  6. DevinI

Apr 1, 2004
    im not sure which ashdown to go with, also does anyone know how long it takes music123 to ship?
  7. Nagrom

Mar 21, 2004
    Western Canada
    Hi. The other thing is if you need one right away talk to the rental department, should only be $10.00 or so for a weekend then you can try it with the band. That tells you a lot more about what you need.
  8. DevinI

Apr 1, 2004
    this is south carolina i dont know of any rental places.. i would really like to find something local but thing is nothin sells these brands, ive never ordered something like this online is it a bad idea? btw does anyone know any other music site to order from besides music123 and musiciansfriend
    this is what im thinking so far http://www.music123.com/Ashdown-MAG-C115T-300-i132237.music
  9. That ashdown looks like an ideal amp for the money...enough power for a gig but small enough to carry to practice. I order everything online. Last time I bought something from a store I got burned by a no-returns policy. Some other sites are:

Or do a google search for the amp model you want and go with the site that advertises the cheapest price.
  10. And to answer the original question, I would go with crate over Ibanez. ;)