ibanez tone

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ludwig109, Dec 29, 2005.

1. anyone have a recording (or a link to one) of a sr506 with bartolinies.

went to a shop but for some reason couldnt play it plugged in.. liked it otherwise.
  2. bump for SR500
  3. Pruitt

Jun 30, 2005
    Danbury, CT
    I've had my SR-506 for about 6 months now. Unfortunately I don't have any recordings I can access at the moment of just the bass. The following are a couple of songs in progress that I played the 506 on though, if that helps at all. I tend to favor the neck pup more than most players though, so you may not hear the sound you're looking for if you favor the bridge. I can get a lot of different tones out of this bass. ;)

I didn't write these songs, they're tunes I've worked on with guys I barely know on an online collaboration site. The guy who wrote the songs was looking for simple bass parts and I can do that. lol None of them are done yet. The bass parts may yet change on them. lol :)

Good luck with whatever you choose to buy and have fun!! :bassist:
  4. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I love the sound of this bass, one of the biggest on my GAS list so far. Not your typical cheapo Ibanez.
  5. thanks alot. i should be ordering it tonight
    is it any good for slap?
  6. I too favor the neck pickup on my Ibby, however, I onl;y have a 406, no Barts yet :(. Wait until I get a few extra bucks though, the Barts are going straight in with a set of black beauties and a new bridge (if i can find on thatll fit!!!)

Btw, this bass (506) does sound phenominal. Maybe go back to the store, and ask them to change the battery out.

7. the shop was weird they said they had just got it in they didnt know how much it cost or anything pretty useless, no reason why i couldnt plug it in. im gonna take a chance on it and get it

any other recordings still welcome and is it any good for slap
  8. I have a mahogany SR506 with Barts, wenge/bubinga neck...it RULES!!! As soon as I get my recording set up running, I will record some clips...one of the best basses I've ever played and a wonderful 6 string. Thiose Bart MK1 humbuckers have some serious pop and nice smooth tone...it is a great sounding bass with a somewhat dark tone (barts + mahogany will do that) but the active eq is good enough if you want to add brightness. I can't say enough good things about this bass...never played any other Ibanezes exept for this and the SR505 (which I also liked, but not as much as the 506).
  9. BassNoob?

Sep 18, 2005
    Redding, CT
    I have the 5 string model, the SR505. I'm slap happy. Some people find the tight string spacing a little difficult to get around. Especially while poping. I can get a great slap sound out of it, and the fast neck makes it easy to get up and down the fretboard quicker. Order it and you will fall in love with it.

I'll get some recordings up as soon as I can.
  10. great,
    thanks for all the help

thisll be my first 6er so just wanted to be sure
    recordings still welcome