Ibanez toneloks

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TaySte_2000, Sep 9, 2002.

1. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Anyone got any tried any?
    Is the build quality good?
    Do they have any hum or bad sound quality?
    Which should I avoid?
    Are they better than boss stuff?

I'm only looking for 3 pedals which do you recomend for wierd sounds I like alot of modulated sounds.

Thanks in advance.
  2. CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Que mas compatriota?????!!!!!! es bueno ver alguien de Venezuela por aca!!!!!

I´ve never tried those pedals, but IMO Boss stomp boxes are way superior than Ibanez stomp boxes!!!!!!!
  3. The 7th heaven rules on a bass, if you only touch one string, when you strike 2 strings at the same time, al that comes out is just noise.

Phat Hed is pretty much okay for the price, very good to be used as an enhancer, wich I use now for tapping. For a dirty distortion it's also way good.

The chorus/flanger, phaser and delay/echo are awesome and almost made for bass. You can get anything from beautifull tunes, to vintage vibes, to weird metal effects.

They also have new effects like a Bass Synthesizer and Autowah, wich I haven't tried out.

Prices are very low.
  4. I've got an SB7, and it's pretty good. It feels pretty solid, except for the knobs, but they go into the body, so that's not a big deal. It has a lot of noise in certain settings, but in others, it actually cuts hiss.
  5. i wouldnt recommend any of the tonelock pedals... they break very easy and sound like crap.
  6. Yep, they break easy. The electronics in my Phat Hed are already broken. It gives some strange noise now. A friend(guitarist) has the same problem with 2 pedals.

But when they were new, they sounded awesome.