1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ibanez TR-50

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jimbo Jr, Jul 18, 2005.

1. Jimbo Jr

Jimbo Jr

Feb 8, 2005
    I have this bass (TR-50) It is a green P-Bass made by Ibanez. It has always treated me well but according to the internet and ibanez it does not exist. I have found no evidince that this bass exists now or ever did. Does anyone know anything about it?

2. I have a TR-70. Good bass, was really cheap, and I've had it for about 10 years and I still play on it at home. You can't find any info on yours because they aren't made any more, but here's a link to the wiring diagram: http://www.ibanez.com/wiring/wire.asp?y=1996&w=TR50 So at least you have some evidence now :)

3. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    Color me possibly wrong, but wasn't the TR-series based much more around Jazz Basses? I mean, offset body, Jazz-esque pickups, Jazz-style neck?

...actually, upon 5 minutes of research there seem to be two very different versions of basses baring the "TR" designation. The first was an early 90's model with a P/J configuation and more modern Soundgear-like design and inline Ibanez guitar headstock (IMO, it looks like the bass version of their very thin "S" guitar line), the second which I described above debuted in the 1996 catalog and was a "back-to-basics" more Jazz-ish type.