Ibanez TR-50

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jimbo Jr, Jul 18, 2005.

1. Jimbo Jr

Jimbo Jr

Feb 8, 2005
    I have this bass (TR-50) It is a green P-Bass made by Ibanez. It has always treated me well but according to the internet and ibanez it does not exist. I have found no evidince that this bass exists now or ever did. Does anyone know anything about it?
  2. I have a TR-70. Good bass, was really cheap, and I've had it for about 10 years and I still play on it at home. You can't find any info on yours because they aren't made any more, but here's a link to the wiring diagram: http://www.ibanez.com/wiring/wire.asp?y=1996&w=TR50 So at least you have some evidence now :)
  3. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    Color me possibly wrong, but wasn't the TR-series based much more around Jazz Basses? I mean, offset body, Jazz-esque pickups, Jazz-style neck?

...actually, upon 5 minutes of research there seem to be two very different versions of basses baring the "TR" designation. The first was an early 90's model with a P/J configuation and more modern Soundgear-like design and inline Ibanez guitar headstock (IMO, it looks like the bass version of their very thin "S" guitar line), the second which I described above debuted in the 1996 catalog and was a "back-to-basics" more Jazz-ish type.