Ibanez TR? Quick answer needed!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Suburban, May 23, 2002.

1. Suburban

Jan 15, 2001
    lower mid Sweden
    Hi, people.
    A young friend of mine is about to start playing bass, and he had an offer from another of his friends, to buy this Ibanez TR and a Roland combo.
    I'm going there to help evaluate the instrument this evening.

Anybody have any input on this instrument?
    I need it before 1500 GMT, today!:eek: Thanks!

2. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    A friend of mine has a TR, he says it's pretty good for the price.

He said that the balance is good, the neck is straight after the few years he has owned it, and the playability is nice too. The weakest part are the pickups, but as he put it, "they do their job ok"

I think your friend should do fine with it, if the bass ain't beat to crap and the price is good.
  3. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I use to have one of those basses it's got a p/j config mine had a maple neck there great basses I bought mine for $200 so with the roland I wouldn't pay any more than $500 really.
  4. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    It's a really good bass for it's price. I have a TR500, and the only thing I don't like is the pick-ups, but like was already said, thet do their job.
  5. Suburban

Jan 15, 2001
    lower mid Sweden
    Yep, it was a nice set. A TR70 in great condition (did the first owner ever play it????), and a pretty beaten, but well sounding Roland Bass Cube 100W/15" with parametric mid.
    All at SEK4000 (~USD4000). I thought that was good gear at a fair price. And lost a sale....:D
  6. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    sounds likea great set up for someone that is starting out!