Ibanez Tr series 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Micolao, Dec 19, 2005.

1. Micolao

Sep 7, 2005
    does someone have experiences with this bass?
    Can you tell me wath you think of it?
    Any pics of the same series?
    thanks ;)

2. Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    It looks really cool, is that something new or old? I was watching a video just yesterday and saw a bassist using one of those...
  3. Micolao

Sep 7, 2005
    It's an old bass.
    I really need to know something about the bass by who played it...
  4. Micolao

Sep 7, 2005
    I've found this other image:
  5. phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    I think they were made in the mid- to late 90s, they were supposed to be a take on the Jazz to complement the ATK, which was basically a Stingray clone, but never really caught on for some reason. Never got a chance to play one, but I always thought they looked interesting.
  6. FeelTheGroove

Dec 2, 2005
    Those are the TR 'expressionist' series. The higher end of the TR series, active EQ and I think thats a passive/active switch. In my early teen years I had a really beat up TR70, which was a lower end 4 string model with passive P/J pickups. Yet I remember to this day it had one of the most comfortable necks ive ever played. I really played that bass into the ground.
  7. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    I've played a four-string version of that bass and had the opportunity to do a little bit of repair work on one.

They're nice basses. I don't think they offer much more than any other active J-Bass style instrument, but they're still good players. You can certainly do much worse that that bass. :)
  8. My first bass was an Ibanez TR50B, which i think was the lowest in the series, but, it was and still is a pretty nice bass, very easy to play and a really nice neck on it :)
  9. Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    I've got a TR600.....i love it! It looks almost identical to the one you posted aside from mine being a 4 string and has a matching headstock.

10. middlebit

Sep 10, 2005
    I bought a 4-string in´97 and it served me very well all around. Did tons of gigs with it and recorded a few albums. Funny thing you should post this thread - I sold it yesterday!