Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez TR600

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Juniorkimbrough, Jul 9, 2005.

1. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    Anyone here ever owned one of these?

I just purchased one off of the Pitt. I've searched the web but really haven't found a lot of info on these basses.

The one I purchased is the Japanese model that was supposedly only made in Japan one year, 1997 I think.

From all the tone and volume knobs and active/passive switch it seems like it should be very versatile in setting up different tones.

Just looking for some feedback on people who have owned one of these before.

2. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    bump

3. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    so noone here has ever owned one of these basses?

here are a few pics supplied by the gentleman that I'm buying it from...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    one last bump for any experience anyone has had with one of these

5. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I have not owned one, but have had the opportunity to play one several times, and do a little work on the electronics for a friend of mine.

It's a nice bass. You are right, the electronics allow for quite a range of different sounds. It sounds good and feels good, though the one I played had the action set pretty high, which impeded my playing a bit. Shouldn't be a problem when you get yours tweaked to the way you like it. I think they're fine basses, and you should enjoy yours very much.