1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanez TS9 on Bass..How does it sound?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by gregstj114, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Decided that I am not going to buy and then mod a TS9. A few users on here talked me out of it and it seemed really silly. So I need this thread closed. Thanks!

2. BullHorn

BullHorn

Nov 23, 2006
    Israel
    I don't like how it sounds with a live band. However, if you're looking for a cheap overdrive, I found the Ibanez Phat Hed Bass OD to be a solid choice for the money.

3. Bassmike62

Bassmike62 Punch'n Ooomph Provider Supporting Member

Ibanez recently issued the Bass Tube Screamer. Would buying this pedal equal the price of the used one + its projected mods ?

4. tomhanzo

tomhanzo

Apr 20, 2008
    West Virginia
    It depends on how old the TS-9 is. I played on an old 70 something one that sounded amazing on bass. I bought a reissue one and it was terrible for low end.

I've modded mine and it sounds amazing. LOTS OF MIDS.

5. P-oddz

P-oddz Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Milwaukee, WI
    I think you'd be better off doing the Bass Tube Screamer route, if a Tube Screamer is what you're after. Seems extremely silly to me to buy a pedal and then purchase a mod for that pedal to suit your needs, when they have just released the pedal for bass to begin with.

6. Yeah I totally agree with you! A user told me the exact same thing, so I'm most likely going to look into the TS9B.

7. P-oddz

P-oddz Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Milwaukee, WI
    I said this exact same thing in another thread just a minute ago, ironically about the TS9B as well.

There are clips online, including clips that someone did in the effects thread here. Do a search and listen for yourself.

As with any pedal purchase (this is from experience of being burned multiple times on impulses) research, research, research. If at all possible, go and try the pedal out first hand. If you are listening to clips online, take into consideration the gear they are using. Just because a pedal sounds great by someone elses gear, doesn't mean it will necessarily perform the same for you

8. Oh my bad! I didn't read your username on my other thread..Sorry. I am going to try to close this thread since I'm looking into other pedals.