Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez Tube King

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Tom Dorau, Nov 26, 2002.

1. I have an Ibanez Tube King compressor and I like it. But does anyone of you know if the Tube King distortion is any good for bass? I play through an Ampeg V4b head and I would like to have a more 'dirty', overdriven sound.

Also: should compression come before or after overdrive?

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Just try it out and see if you like the sound.

I'd put the compressor after the distortion, but I'd encourage you to experiment.

3. Thanks JMX...

I would love to try it, but I can't find one in the shops nearby Antwerp (aber vielleicht in der Nähe von Köln?). That's why I'm asking...

4. Well, yesterday I bought me a Ibanez Tube King and I really like it (I found one in the Beat Shop, here in Antwerp). I compared with a EBS Multidrive, also a very good drive pedal. But I liked the Tube King better because it has a real tube in it (and I'm a bit a tube-fan), has a 3-band eq and an adjustable noisegate! It's really a little tube preamp with gain and master stages! Together with my Tube King compressor it's a real tubesound factory... ads some serious grit and sustain to my Ampeg V4b-rig.