Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ibanez upgrade to mij fender p

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jamesonellis, Nov 26, 2004.

1. jamesonellis

jamesonellis

Nov 12, 2004
    i've been playing the same ibanez 1982 roadstar 2(2+2 tuners, rosewood fret board,humbucker at bridge,cherry burst w/white banding on rickenbacherish basswood body excellent workmanship,$175)for about 15 years,it plays well, has low action etc. but it doesn't have much character to its tone.i'm thinking of upgrading to a fender but i wonder if present fenders compare in quality.if i were to get a $600mij fender p would i basically be getting the same thing,a cheap japanese bass?i don't think i would even try a mim.

2. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    Why no MIM, to expensive? Bad workmanship?

Sadly, I cant do anything about the first one, but if money is no option, Fenders MIA series is superb.

3. jamesonellis

jamesonellis

Nov 12, 2004
    mim seems to have poor workmanship,little accoustic tone

4. zombywoof5050

zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    Two years ago I ordered a Japanese Fender Precision from Japan (paid about $582 including the shipping price).
    It's a fantastic bass that is worth a lot more than what I paid, IMO (compared to all the other Fenders I've played).
    Good luck getting something that works for you.