1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ibanez upgrade?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by chaotick, Dec 25, 2006.

1. chaotick

chaotick

Aug 15, 2006
    Raleigh, NC, USA
    I have tried other basses but I love everything about my GSR200.

I have always loved the feel of the neck.
    I have grown to love the look and shape of the body.
    And the overall sound and tone doesn't bother me all that much.

Do you think it would be worth it to drop some money on this thing in the form of upgrades?

Maybe these pickups or maybe these here.

Alternatively, I could keep these and the originals and stick in the Audere Audio 3ZB thats always being advertised here on TB. I wouldn't know how to do that though.

Some nice strings of some sort.

etc etc

Would I be a fool to do this (and why)?

I just don't want to chase the perfect bass when I love what I have, aside from the somewhat limited tone.

2. motleystew

motleystew

Apr 29, 2006
    Lewisville, TX
    I'ts your money and your bass..do what feels right to you.

3. chaotick

chaotick

Aug 15, 2006
    Raleigh, NC, USA
    This isn't like the TB'ers I know, somebody enthusiastically rip me a new one! :help:

Thanks though, all comments welcome.

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    What do you feel is lacking? Describe the sound this makes, and describe the sound you want in your head.

What exactly do you want to improve with your tone?

5. chaotick

chaotick

Aug 15, 2006
    Raleigh, NC, USA
    Well, I don't really know how to respond other than this.

My amp is EQ'ed so that I have very boosted highs and somewhat boosted lows with mids cut.

I guess what I am looking for is something that rectifies this problem.

The goal is to have a perfect sounding bass with amp EQ flat, right?

I simply don't know. Maybe I need to invest in a "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." bumper sticker and be happy with what I have.

6. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    There's certainly nothing wrong with Modding that bass. Those basses have great necks and bodies.

But, it sounds like you're already doing very well with your existing bass, so you should think it through further.

If you Really like those basses, and you're looking for more tone options, the ideal would be to save some bucks, buy Another, and mod That one. :)