Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez upgrades

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by zavala, Mar 19, 2003.

1. zavala

zavala

Mar 6, 2003
    Tennessee
    has anyone done any upgrades to thier ibanez basses? if so what? five string or four string. doesn't matter.

2. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    Yup... 1979 Roadstar II

before (stock): (note, not a pic of mine stock - but the exact bass)

3. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    after:

badass II bridge
    Barlolini 8s pups
    pasive 2 band EQ
    chrome dome knobs
    shaved neck
    shielded control cavity

:D

4. zavala

zavala

Mar 6, 2003
    Tennessee
    see that's what i like to see. take 1 regular bass and some elbow grease and presto it's practicly a new bass

5. Not yet but.....

One day($ permitting) I would love to add a differant pre to my EDC700.Not sure which one.As I
    am a single dad of three I don`t plan out stuff til I have the cash in hand(or checking account :D ).The
    EDC700 is a comfy ass ax and I think the stock Mighty Mite pups are good enough,just think an aftermarket preamp would give me better tone.

haha...there I go thinking again. :p

6. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    thanks man, It really is a good bass... I like it much better than fenders of the same vintage... Plus my neck isn't all screwy like most fenders that old... Plus I enjoy 2x2 headstocks more :D

I dunno, I probobly will never get rid of her.. hell I only payed 150 for that bass and 300 for the upgrades... :bassist:

Alex