1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD IBANEZ USA Los Angeles Custom Shop ATK 4-String - Black/3piece neck

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jtlee, Feb 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jtlee

jtlee

Mar 2, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Note: please post all questions, inquiries, etc on this "megathread": http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5418300

This is one of two basses I got from Clint Norris (of metalcore band As I Lay Dying). I reviewed the other one here: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=336532

This is an LA Custom Shop Ibanez ATK 4-string (serial number is the manufacturing date - 6/9/06). Specs:
    Body: Lightweight Ash
    Neck: 3-piece maple with Walnut (or Padauk?)
    Pickups: Ibanez ATK Triple Coil w/DXJ Jazz neck pickup
    Preamp: Ibanez 3-band EQ
    Switches: Dual mini switch (front: pickup selector, back: triple coil splitter)

This was Clint's main touring bass in 2006. Still in excellent shape though with just minor scratches, buckle scuffing on back (visible in the pic), no major uglies. There is some oxidation (rust) on the pickup/bridge screws as well as on the saddles. Neck is straight, jumbo frets are excellent (no flat spots/grooves) and the action is medium low. Sounds fantastic.

Asking $750 shipped in the continental US w/non-original case. International shipping is fine, just PM me for a ship quote. PayPal is preferred. No trades right now (unless it's REALLY good!). :)

Given that "Made in Indonesia" ATK's are going for $700+ right now, this is a steal for a custom, one-off, USA made Ibanez.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Damn that looks fat.

3. onlycash

onlycash

May 13, 2007
    this is one nice bass

it makes me think of one bass i have,

i believe its an early 93 or 94 USA made ATK bass, built in Coopersburg, PA, by PBC with a special tension free neck

has anyone ever seen one around here lately, also can anyone point me to any posts about the PBC made ATKs?

4. Walfy

Walfy

Jun 10, 2006
    I purchased the first Custom Shop Ibanez ATK from Tony back when he had it up for sale. Excellent bass and great person to deal with!

As for the USATK comment from onlycash, I bought mine from Chris' Guitars. The ad at the time had this, "very rare USA model built by Dave Bunker of PBC (boutique builder in Pennsylvania) fame and a quality, pro-line bass at a bargain price. Here's a quote from the Jemsite, 'I started building the Ibanez USRG-10-20 and 30 in 1993 and in 1994 started building the ATK Bass line. These several thousand Ibanez were built in Coopersburg, PA by PBC Guitar technology which was my company at the time. All of these instruments featured our special Tension Free neck and other than the electronics and hardware were built to finish by PBC.'" Hope that helps some.

5. WOW! I wish it didnt have such goofy tuner placemant. Ive been gassing over these basses, but just cant get over it! WHY Ibanezzzz WHY?

6. BassIsBoss

BassIsBoss

Jun 25, 2007
    Nova Scotia
    I love the way the tailpiece wraps around the triple coil...tres modern industrial.

7. jtlee

jtlee

Mar 2, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Bump before the 'bay

8. josh66

josh66

Nov 23, 2001
    Stanford CA
    1.5 inch at the nut?

9. Ampeg SVT

Ampeg SVT Son, I am disappoint.

Sep 9, 2006
    I must sell my grabber, that thing looks so metal

10. jtlee

jtlee

Mar 2, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    No, 1.6875". More like a Stingray than a Jazz.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.