Ibanez USATK 5 string price

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ilustre, Oct 31, 2016.

1. ilustre

ilustre

Sep 29, 2010
    image.jpeg hey guys, I need your help, I am going to be able to buy an Ibanez USATK 5 american, but I want to know a fair price for me and the seller, he doesnt know how much its worth.

2. Sid the Kid

Sid the Kid Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2013
    Illinois
    If it comes with a case I would offer $6-700.

If you feel like that is too much or it is in rough shape start negotiations at $450. It is really only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

They are good basses but not really highly sought after by people who aren't in Talkbass's ATK club.

rojo412 and Dr. Cheese like this.
  3. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I would offer $350-$400. If the seller wants more, then I would go up to $700, if need be. I am sure a US ATK is in the ballpark of a Stingray in quality, but why pay a lot if the demand is not there?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  4. ilustre

ilustre

Sep 29, 2010
    Thank you guys!I was willing to pay 1,000, so I ll offer less, looks nice and sounds incredible.

5. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Yeah don't pay a grand. you'll never get that back. At most I'd say 600.00

6. ilustre

ilustre

Sep 29, 2010
    600 sounds fair

7. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    If you are not someone who regularly flips gear, paying a bit more is fine. It's your money, and none of us need to know what you paid.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  8. ilustre

ilustre

Sep 29, 2010
    Thanks guys!!

Dr. Cheese likes this.
  9. ilustre

ilustre

Sep 29, 2010
    I have my xotic basses that are amazing, but I need a bass that sounds good and it can be my battle bass!!

Kmrumedy and Dr. Cheese like this.
  10. Sid the Kid

Sid the Kid Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2013
    Illinois
    It will be a quality beater, that's for sure! I love the transparent teal finish. I would rock the hell out of that bass.

If $600 sounds fair to you start the negotiating at $500. It is far more than a pawn shop or Guitar Center would give for it, and it gives you plenty of room to go up.

11. ilustre

ilustre

Sep 29, 2010
    Thanks!!

12. I've been looking at that one too. Great bass - but the pics don't show how faded the trans finish has become - which seems to be a common thing with this USATK finish.

13. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    THOSE HAVE THB BUNKER TENSION FREE NECK; YOU'LL WANT TO PLAY IT FIRST AS THEY CAN BE PROBLEMATIC.

14. ilustre

ilustre

Sep 29, 2010
    Really? What type of problems can I find?

15. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    No problems here but they are strange agents. Any addt'l pics of the bass?

Riis

16. FrenchBassQC

FrenchBassQC Supporting Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Gatineau QC CA
    Oh no, don't use a bass for battles, there is other tools for that...

ilustre likes this.
  17. Kmrumedy

Kmrumedy

May 12, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Off topic ( Sorry ): (oh....but I wouldn't pay more than $600 for the bass you are discussing ).

I'm curious because I know you have a wonderful STR bass of which I am a big fan but have never tried. I also own an Xotic XJ-5 and love the bass.

How do you find the STR compared to the Xotic?

18. johnson79

johnson79

Jan 8, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    Here is some info on the Bunker neck. It's different, that's for sure. An interesting concept, but like most things in the instrument industry new doesn't always translate to big sales.

Bunker Guitars - Tension Free Guitar Neck

19. ilustre

ilustre

Sep 29, 2010
    The construction is very similar, At first I thought they were made by the same luthier, I find the neck a little faster on the STR, sound wise both are amazing.

Kmrumedy likes this.
  20. edencab

edencab

Aug 14, 2013
    Toronto, On
    pay whatever, that is a awesome looking bass and probably sounds better than it looks

Dr. Cheese likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021