Ibanez users info on sr506 needed

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by vene-nemesis, Nov 4, 2005.

1. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    I was looking some info about it specially the scale and if possible some clips.

THX in advance.
  2. Bass_Machine

Oct 29, 2004
    I also am very interested in this bass, so If there is any info out there I'd also appreciate some. :D
  3. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

What year model is it? I have a mid 90's SR505 [I know, not a 6 string]. It is 34" scale [the sr506 is the same]. It has the 3 band pre-amp w/Vari mid., 2 decent humbuckers and a nice solid bridge. It is a well made and good sounding instrument. I have recorded with mine many times and got compliments on the sound. SR's are not slap machines although you can slap on them but they have narrow string spacing which is conducive more to finger style playing! I will assume the neck on the 6 [although wider] will have even tighter string spacing than the 5. :cool:
  4. Pruitt

Jun 30, 2005
    Danbury, CT
    I bought a new SR-506 about 5 months ago. I don't regret it at all. It's a pleasure to play. The neck plays well and I like the way the bass sounds. For the price, it's well worth it in my opinion.

34" Scale
    16.5mm spacing
    Bartolini MK1 pickups

The following link is a song I recently recorded the bass on using the SR-506 with NO external effects or pre-amp. Just the bass straight into my multi-track. It's an unfinished mixed track, but I'll see if I can load a version with just the bass so you can hear it better once I get home from work.

Have Fun! :bassist:
  5. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    Hows the B string????
  6. Pruitt

Jun 30, 2005
    Danbury, CT
    Pretty tight. I use it quite a bit in that clip I posted. ;)
  7. Nirvana4ever

Aug 2, 2005
    Looks very nice. I am an Ibanez user, however, I don't have the sr506 model, though I would definetly like to try it out. I am actually going to Guitar Center today and trying out a load of basses. I plan on getting another bass to keep at our guitarist's place. If I see the sr506, I will definetly check it out and leave feedback.
  8. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    16.5 string spacing, only reason I wont buy another. :meh:
  9. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    I already own a very nice 4 stringer thats my main tapping and slapping bass, but im looking for a good not so expensive axe to keep on progresive cos im in a dream theater cover band now.