Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez Vs ESP

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jayb118, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Jayb118

Jayb118

Dec 6, 2005
    Isle of Wight
    I have have been looking at upgrading my 5 string for a while not but being only 16 dont have a huge budget. Anyway it boils down to a choice between an Ibanez SRX305 or an ESP B-55. So far i have read loads of great reviews about both basses and if you guys can help me decide it would be great :bassist:

2. Jayb118

Jayb118

Dec 6, 2005
    Isle of Wight
    Oh i for got to add are these basses good for slapping and popping because my current bass a Wesley B3505 is terrible for both techniques.

3. Oliver

Oliver

Jun 21, 2003
    Perth, Australia
    hey bud,

if your throwing up between those two then definately the ibanez, esp's are good but their mid - higher end models.
    i got a esp b 405, its good but id rather a sr505 i think.

4. Jayb118

Jayb118

Dec 6, 2005
    Isle of Wight
    Thanks For Your Advice Oliver.

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Back in my metal days I played strictly Ibanez basses, an SR400, pair of SR800's and an SR645. They were great, never had a problem with any of them, always played great, sounded great. I just found Stingray was a little more for me at the time.

I had looked at ESP's during my Ibanez days and always felt that for the price they REALLY fell short on build quality with some gaps in the neck joints, flimsy electronics, etc.

6. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    I haven't encountered any problems with any ESP bass I have played. Even the B-50 I own was set up well and built solid. Ibanez makes some decent basses too, but IMO, ESP's are better.

7. DRZ400Bassman

DRZ400Bassman

Nov 6, 2005
    The ESPs are really nice basses these days but the pickups are set to low in the body for me and since most of them are neck through which prohibits shimming the neck i just can not get comfortable playing them.