Ibanez vs Fender

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lady_incubus, Jan 28, 2002.

1. this sounds stupid but what is the deal with ibanez vs fender (squier)??

everyone i talk to is either all for fender or all for ibanez, sayin the other one sucks. is this just personal preference or bad marketing?

which do you prefer?
  2. rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Definitely personal preference. I like Fender. Ibanez sucks! :D

3. Definitely personal preference. I like Ibanez. Fender sucks! :D

4. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    i love both... i have both :p
  5. From what My brother told me ibanez was good for a while back when they first started. They were sued for a huge amount of money by fender and other companies for making exact copies of thier products. I had went to a guitar center and looked in thier used section and saw a fender j-bass right next to a ibanez jazz bass. The looked exactly the same(the headstock is what proves it) So i mentioned that to my brother he said to me that ibanez has been sued for that reason by fender and various companies. But now with those new soundgears andergodynes(especially those new shaped body ergodynes) i think are ugly and i can never see someone play one of those. So i go with fender after getting my first fender bass. Possibly in a few months i will make a transition to a carvin 5 string. SO definately fender products
  6. Actually I don't really have anything against Fender, I just like Ibanez guitars better. I have a Fender amp. so I can't realy hate them.
    :rolleyes: :D :) :confused: