Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez Weeping Demon

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Descended, Jul 13, 2005.

1. Descended

Descended

Jul 1, 2005
    The reviews I've read on this pedal seem to rate with high regard, but I haven't yet had any experience with wah.

As a first wah pedal, is it worth it or should i look elsewhere?

2. Well, it might be a little expensive for a first wah, but if you're comfortable with the price, go try it any buy it if you like it. If you want a good all-around wah, go for the bass Crybaby 105Q, or maybe an old Morley Power wah. Depends what you're looking for. If you want funk-type wah, both would be good, or if you want distorted metal-type soloing wah, the power wah might be a better bet.

3. Descended

Descended

Jul 1, 2005
    Thanks dude, I'll check those out

4. Shauny

Shauny

Feb 17, 2005
    Margate, Kent, Uk
    alot of people seem to recomend the Morley Power Wah. how does this sound on bass? the origonal power wah i mean not the series 2 or wotever its called they make now?

5. so just curious what sound is this wah good for?

6. bass_drum

bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    Alberta,Canada
    The ibanez has a little more edgy wah sound (imo). Id say itd be more rock oriente but it has a very prominent "wah" sound to it (you can really hear it "say" WAAAHHHHH) so it could be very nice for funk as well I'd say. Matters how you use it.

7. bass_drum

bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    Alberta,Canada
    yah no problem man. Im in a prog rock band (playing sort of a "lead bass" role) and I am going to buy a weeping demon once I find one (was going to get one off of ebay last night but I wasnt sure abotut he warranty and etc.) .

Dont jsut take my word for it, go to "The Big TB Sample Thread" and check out the 3rd post and the 3rd last post. The 3rd one has a clip of the dunlop 105Q (ideal funk wah imo) and the 3rd last one (posted by kelly ) has a clip of the weeping demon, you'll hear what I mean.

8. well dude im getting one off ebay lol and ya my band is a metal band so i wanted somethihn jsut edgy and out there.

9. bass_drum

bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    Alberta,Canada
    Haha!

I just ordered one off the 'bay last night. By chance did you get the one off of actionkl? If so I have your pedals sister :smug:

10. no i got my off of dtownguitars would be a big coincidence though , lol