1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD ibanez with emg's, hipshot bridge, gotoh tuners

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by mrufino1, Apr 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrufino1

mrufino1 Supporting Member

Aug 2, 2005
    Nutley, NJ
    This is an ibanez tr70 that I traded for this week, thinking I would be needing an inexpensive bass to get me through the next few years after I sold my musicman to help pay off debt. My family decided that I should hold onto the musicman (!) since I do make money playing, so I won't be needing this. Here is the thread from madrussian in which he refinished it:
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=512022

He installed emg's, a hipshot bridge, thru body ferrules, and gotoh tuners. I was going to replace the neck when I got it, but after setting it up as correctly as I can (nut could probably use a little shave, but just a little), it actually plays pretty nicely. The emg's sound great, and I dig the hipshot bridge (never saw one in person before).
    The bass is pretty light too, feels defnitely under 9 lbs.
    I would trade for an sx 5 string (preferred more than the cash really), or cash is okay too.
    Looking for $165 shipped to conus (the replacement parts alone are worth more than that and are all in perfect shape), no case but I will pack it well. Any questions, just ask. If there is more interest in parting it out let me know that too.

2. mrufino1

Aug 2, 2005
    Nutley, NJ
    bump! I recorded with this the other night and it sounds really really good. Would also trade for an asus eepc 2g or 2g surf (that's the first one they came out with, with the 2gig solid state drive) or 4g. An SX 5 string would be cool though.

3. mrufino1

Aug 2, 2005
    Nutley, NJ
    I had a question about buying all of the parts, which would leave the neck and body. Any interest in that cheap, say $45 shipped to US? I suppose if this is of interest I will move this to the accessories section. If someone does want the whole thing intact that is still fine, but if someone comes in and wants the body and neck then I would be willing to part it out. Thanks, Mark

4. mrufino1

Aug 2, 2005
    Nutley, NJ
    This has been traded, pending shipping. Thanks for the interest that was shown.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.