Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez XR-800???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Herni5, Feb 25, 2005.

1. Herni5

Herni5

Feb 25, 2005
    Someone is selling an Ibanez SDGR "XR-800" bass, made in Japan, and he says is in the Bolt On Series. I know the SR-800, but I want to know if it really exist this model before making an offer. Someone knows? Thanks!!
    :meh:

2. MAGUS®

MAGUS®

Dec 23, 2004
    UK
    I couldnt find an XR 800 on the Ibanez register, only the SR 800. Maybe it was a special or maybe it doesnt exist or a typo ??

http://guitargeek.com/gearview/590/

SDGR appears to be a soundgear model, and i still keep coming up with SR , not XR

I dont know too much about the IB's

3. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Only ones that come to mind are SR800 and RB800 (which are pretty much the same thing cept for a pretty big year gap...trust me, I know)

unless they mean the SRX...

4. FireAarro

FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
    austr-
    S and X are right next to each other on the keyboard...

5. MAGUS®

MAGUS®

Dec 23, 2004
    UK
    Yeah ..s'why i thought "typo"

If its a model that exists, it would surely be on the register somewheres

6. Herni5

Herni5

Feb 25, 2005
    Thanks to everybody! Yes... you were right, I talked with this guy and he said it's was a typo mistake. Anyway he doesn't know for sure if it is the SR400 or the SR800.
    Well, I found this page where they put most of the US Ibanez catalogs from 1978 to present. I don't know if somebody knew that, but I found it today.

http://www.ibanezrules.com/catalogs/

Thanks to everybody again!!!

7. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Wow, and I still can't find my RB800 on any of those.

8. all i gotta say is. If it's an sr800 and the price is right, get it. It's nice. I've been playing one for 4 years and I love it.

~bart