Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ratmbass, May 9, 2001.

1. I got a sr3000 a little while ago. Its a prestiege model with a maghogany body and a monorail bridge with a d-tuner. I would recommend it to anyone who likes ibanez basses but wants a high quality bass.

Im wonderin does anybody else have this bass.
  2. BassicRob

Mar 28, 2001
    Massapequa, NY
    I've tried my friend's SR1200 when I had to fill in for one song for him. It looks and feels great, but was lacking something. Maybe size or weight or something. It just didnt have an impact on me othe than I wanted a bass with a natural finish. The neck was so smooth and it begged to be played, but something wasnt right about it, and I just cant put my finger on it. I guess just a vibe or something. But around the same time, I played my first NS4CR and it made a huge impact on me, i loved it. And after several years later, I based my NS5CR purchase upon that. I almost bought a SR800 before that though. About 3-4 yrs ago. I didnt get the time to fiddle with the sounds giving the circumstance, but it just didnt "impress" me too much.

Just out of curiosity, since I've never actually seen the prices on them, what do they go for? Either the SR1200 or the SR3000
  3. i know someone and got mine for $800 but i got a quote from music land for $1000
  4. BassicRob

Mar 28, 2001
    Massapequa, NY
    Music Land likes high pices and I don't go there any more than I have to, or actually, not at all. But wow, I am shocked to hear that they are so low in price. I would've guessed more than a grand for both, and maybe 2k for the sr3000. So if the sr800 goes for abt 600 if i remember correctly, whats the point in a bit more dough to get a better bass?? Or better woods anyways.
  5. Yeah. And it has a better bridge and the feel of wood.
  6. BassicRob

Mar 28, 2001
    Massapequa, NY
    But why not market them as they do on their other Soundgears? I rarely see these things. Seems really odd to me. Oh well. Thanks for the enlightenment :)
  7. Avs

Feb 19, 2001
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Hi there, my first post on talkbass.com:)

I own an SR3006; I go for an Ibanez when I start to play a 6 just because my hands are smaller. I paid $910 for a new one and I think it's probably one of the best value 6 in the market. I had posted a review on bass gear review and got some people ask me about it a couple of times.

Regarding its playability and features --- bridge, wenge fingerboard, wenge-bubinga five laminated neck, tung oil finish... I believe this is probably the best option to begin with if u want a 6.
  8. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    IMO, the BTB406 and BTB1006 are much better basses.

Congrats on the bass, though.
  9. Hi all

I've got an SR1000 - which i guess is the earlier model of the SR3000.

Don't know what type of wood it is but it plays great and sounds pretty damn good too!