Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by adam915, Jun 12, 2001.

1. adam915

adam915

Jun 11, 2001
    I might be buying the Ibanez GSR 200 does n e one know if it is any good?

2. adam915

adam915

Jun 11, 2001
    also i forgot to mention that this is my first guitar

3. Zirc

Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    I don't know about saying it is good, but it should be sufficient for your first bass.

4. agyeman

agyeman Member

Mar 6, 2001
    I have one know. A good first bass cause of the slim neck.

If you have enough for a mexican fender p or j bass, then get that.

5. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    PDX
    I'm pretty happy with mine, but try out as many basses as you can first. Also, some gsr200s are better than others.

6. agyeman

agyeman Member

Mar 6, 2001
    Very true, mine came with a loose strap button and the tone controls where already comming loose after 3 months.

7. p0w3rman5ooo

p0w3rman5ooo

Aug 27, 2000
    mines good had it for about a year now, i may get a gibson grabber, as an upgrade, and im selling my ibanez sr405

8. LimpChunk9

LimpChunk9

May 8, 2001
    Bronx, NY
    I have the Ibanez GSR 200. I only started playing bass in early February so its still the bass I use. It sounds good and I like it. It's better then that friggin Fender P-Bass that everyone has. Many people suggested to me it was a good bass for my first one. Mine only cost 209 without tax so I think its worth it for a first bass.

9. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Why is it better than the friggin Fender P bass?

If it weren't for the friggin Fender P bass, your Ibanez wouldn't exist either.

10. ALL cheap basses are friggin' *%#$ :)

It's your duty to find the bass that is the least $%&^, be it Fender, Ibanez, Dean or whatever.

11. LiL BaSS DuDe

LiL BaSS DuDe Guest

May 15, 2001
    Scotland,
    It's hard to belive, but even if it is the firsat you ever layed hands on a bass, you feel big differences when you play several basses.

Also, make sure your bass has a truss; look at the head, and see if there is a hole where the fretboard ends.

12. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    PDX
    Um, I'm assuming you are talking about the squier, cause the made in america p-bass whips the gsr200. The gsr200 is a good beginner bass though, if you get the right one.

13. i got mine in december of last and i've played the cr@p out of it to the point where the neck is a whammy bar(temporarily till it breaks) and the laquer on the neck is worn out from the first to twelve fret but also i've been playing for about 2 hours a day

14. Staindfan10

Staindfan10

Jan 20, 2001
    i dunno though cuz its kinda expensive but i might my mom is working on it :)

15. Bass_punk_JOE

Bass_punk_JOE

Apr 7, 2003
    I love mine it sounds good and it easy to play.