Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by shakira prophet, Aug 4, 2002.

1. I have a four string Ibanez EDB690. I wanted to know if that was a good bass. Some people told me that i shouldn't have gotten an Ibanez. But others say that it's a good bass../?:confused:
  2. Ibanez, like most every brand name bass, is not everyones cup of tea.

I personally have disliked nearly every Ibanez i've played. Some people swear they are the best thing to happen to bass. It's a matter of personal preference really.

The most important question is "Do you like it?" If the answer is yes, who gives a poop what anyone else says. :D

If I'm not mistaken your bass body is made of luthite. I'm not fond of luthite either, but same rule applies here too.

I like to buy inexpensive basses and upgrade them. Some people say you can't polish a turd, but I disagree. My upgraded "turds" sound just as good (and that is not just my opinion either) as most "socially acceptable" basses.

I like them, I saved money in the long run by paying for quality parts and not a name on the headstock, and that is all that really matters. ;)
  3. sbasssman

sbasssman Guest

Jan 1, 2002
    Don't let anyone change what You experience.

If You like the tone and playability of your Ibanez bass, great.

And don't be embarrassed. In any large community, you'll find snobs that think Ibanez basses aren't worthy of playing, but they make Fine instruments. The are probably the Best
    at low and mid range instruments. They'll kick
    Fender's butt at value v.s. price on any day.

Enjoy your bass, friend.
  4. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Ibanez great basses:
    -SR1000 and up
    -Artist series

i just got a new ATK and that thing ROCKS!
  5. I personally like the ATK and BTB series but hate the Ergodyne and SR series, but if YOU like it it isn't important what others think of it. (Some people only hate the sound when they know that it is an Ibanez :rolleyes: )
  6. tim4003

Apr 30, 2002
    Dawsonville , GA
    My main bass is a RIC, and I also have a Ibanez SR 305-DX that I use to play lower tuned stuff.
    I have been very pleased with the 305.
  7. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000