Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sgreene4, Dec 29, 2000.

1. sgreene4

sgreene4

Dec 29, 2000
    I need some help from anybody who knows about Ibanez Soungear basses. I have a 1993 6-string Ibanez soundgear made of Padouk wood that I'm looking to get rid of and I unfortunately don't have any other info on this bass. I've searched everywhere but I can't find any info(price, specs)for this exact model. I believe it was $1200 new. If anybody knows about this bass or of a place where I can research about it please let me know. Thanks.

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Sounds like an Ibanez SR1206.

Is the neck made of a 5 or 7 piece laminate of different woods? Is it neck through or bolt on?

3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Pictures would help too.

Will C.:cool:

4. Jazzbassman23

Jazzbassman23

Apr 20, 2000
    Maryland
    I had good luck emailing Ibanez about year ago when I had some questions about an Ibanez guitar I owned. They got back to me with some good info. Just go to their website; I'm sure there's an email link. If it was me, I'd leave out the part about wanting to sell it if you do email Ibanez.

5. I've got a 1994 Soundgear bass... And got the same problem. No info, no catalog prices etc.....

Here's a pic of mine.......

If you have any answers...... please reply

6. zavala

zavala

Mar 6, 2003
    Tennessee
    if it didn't have the custom made inlay on the 24th fret i would say it was a SR1306PM but since it does my guess would be a SR5006. i have a SR5005 and it looks just like that. Padauk/mahogany/Padauk body with a 5 piece wenge and bubinga neck.

7. Mazinger

Mazinger Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2002
    USA
  8. Mazinger

Mazinger Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2002
    USA