Ibanez

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sgreene4, Dec 29, 2000.

1. sgreene4

sgreene4

Dec 29, 2000
    I need some help from anybody who knows about Ibanez Soungear basses. I have a 1993 6-string Ibanez soundgear made of Padouk wood that I'm looking to get rid of and I unfortunately don't have any other info on this bass. I've searched everywhere but I can't find any info(price, specs)for this exact model. I believe it was $1200 new. If anybody knows about this bass or of a place where I can research about it please let me know. Thanks.

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

Sounds like an Ibanez SR1206.

Is the neck made of a 5 or 7 piece laminate of different woods? Is it neck through or bolt on?

3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Pictures would help too.

Will C.:cool:

4. Jazzbassman23

Jazzbassman23

Apr 20, 2000
    Maryland
    I had good luck emailing Ibanez about year ago when I had some questions about an Ibanez guitar I owned. They got back to me with some good info. Just go to their website; I'm sure there's an email link. If it was me, I'd leave out the part about wanting to sell it if you do email Ibanez.

5. I've got a 1994 Soundgear bass... And got the same problem. No info, no catalog prices etc.....

Here's a pic of mine.......

If you have any answers...... please reply

6. zavala

zavala

Mar 6, 2003
    Tennessee
    if it didn't have the custom made inlay on the 24th fret i would say it was a SR1306PM but since it does my guess would be a SR5006. i have a SR5005 and it looks just like that. Padauk/mahogany/Padauk body with a 5 piece wenge and bubinga neck.

7. Mazinger

Mazinger Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2002
    USA
    1993 SR6

8. Mazinger

Mazinger Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2002
    USA
    1994 SR6