1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanezcollector has done it again.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jared92, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Jared92

Jared92

Nov 1, 2007
    Fairfax VA
    Has anyone seen this dudes newest bass? I dont know how he does it but he works the tools nicely.
    www.vintagedguitars.com/Olympic
    Like the GAS i have right now. They should make some pills to take care of it. But i guess cash will do. :meh: Someone buy, before i rob him!

2. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    I own his Talkbass Special Seafoam Green Bass =]

3. Jared92

Jared92

Nov 1, 2007
    Fairfax VA
    Hows it sound? If you wann get rid of it besure to PM me!

4. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    It sounds amazing. I'm still tweeking it to get MY sound, but it plays like a dream and looks like it too! The Nordy Pups are great. I might get a new pre, but idk yet.

Anyways, i think your link is busted.

5. I remember when IbanezCollector was just posting his first works and while they looked pretty good to me, I am not really into relicing at all. But I gotta say, that cat has some talent. Really good attention to detail and tastefully done.

Would I do it to a bass? No. It isn't my bag, but if I was, that would be the go to guy fo' sho'.

BTW, the link doesn't work, but I would like to check it out!

Ox.

6. Jared92

Jared92

Nov 1, 2007
    Fairfax VA
    EDIT: link is fixed. but yeah. Who ever has the Gumdrop P i will hunt them down!

7. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Brett's done some outstanding work in the past, and continues to do so. His relics look, IMO, VERY believable. I don't know what his secret is, but he's got it figured out, it seems.:)

8. That looks amazing. If only I had the cash - maybe one day =)

9. Navybass

Navybass

Mar 12, 2005
    Norfolk, Va.
    Just out of curiosity, couldn't he get in trouble with Fender if they were to see that? I mean, the headstock being the same shape. I know he's using Allparts parts which are licensed by Fender, but if I remember correctly, the card that Allparts puts on their licensed stuff says that the shape is a trade mark of Fender Musical Instruments.

I'm not trying to start anything, it's just a question.

All in all, it's a cool bass though.

10. Jared92

Jared92

Nov 1, 2007
    Fairfax VA
    Well hes a liscensed dealer.

11. ibanezcollector

ibanezcollector Yoyo's Hurt When You Crank It Into Your Face

Feb 18, 2007
    Cleveland Ohio
    thanks for the kind words guys the logo is just for me painting it. I am not claiming or assuming that the design was made by me or created by me. I list everything right of the bat that its a Allparts body and neck, my customs are 100% custom designed and built by USACG but since this was a bass for stock I used Allparts.

Licensed Parts are just that, something that Allparts has to pay a fee to Fender to use and sell the trademarked designs.

What im doing is essentially the same as if you got your car fixed at so and sos shop and they put a sticker on the window, or a license plate frame what ever. I am just using my decal as a way for people to know its not a Legit Fender.

12. Navybass

Navybass

Mar 12, 2005
    Norfolk, Va.
    Cool, like I said, I wasn't trying to start anything, nor would I ever snitch :cool:, I was just wondering.

13. ibanezcollector

Feb 18, 2007
    Cleveland Ohio
    not worries Navybass just explaining, there is nothing secret about what I did on this bass, Fender has seen what I do to them trust me.

Its when people do what I do and put Fender logos on them thats when it becomes a problem.

14. Navybass

Navybass

Mar 12, 2005
    Norfolk, Va.
    Yea, I could understand that being a big problem.

15. StarscreamG1

StarscreamG1

Dec 17, 2007
    Ibanezcollector, could you like take a bass that already has some dings and scrapes and a gouge or two and work with that to make it reliced?

16. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Your necks are looking a lot better now IbanezCollector. I wasn't a fan of the style that you were doing before, the really "brown" looking wear. I quite like the new look. :)

17. anyonefortennis

anyonefortennis Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    Beautiful work sir. Do you do anything to the fretboards? that one did not look like it had too much wear on those pics...

18. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Sweetwater Sales Engineer
    I never in a million years would have guessed that there would be a market for this type of thing.

It looks real, very well done and I have to say that the logo is absolutely killer. I'm not a relic kind of guy but that's a cool looking bass. You definitely need to start using that logo...very nice.

Dan

19. Earwigger

Earwigger I'm a Roland man now.

Aug 23, 2005
    Cleveland, Ohio
    I owned a Powder Blue relic of his for a while, it is even more authentically relic'd in person. The camera does not do his work justice, there's a lot of subtleties that he puts into it that make all the difference. I got nothing but compliments and questions about it when I played it live. I even had a fan tell me that I should have a Fender endorsement... I got to tell him that the bass wasn't actually a Fender :D The bass sounded great and felt great, the Nordies really come alive in a live band situation.

20. ibanezcollector

Feb 18, 2007
    Cleveland Ohio
    thanks, that wear is still an option but I like the new style too..