Ibanzez sound gear...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ChildoftheKorn, Feb 20, 2004.

1. ChildoftheKorn

May 21, 2003
    ok i was at this kids house because he said "i have a bass for sale are you intested" wlel of cours ei checked it out...now on the head stock it said ibanzez sound gear GIO it needs to be set up ut other then that i have no idea he's selling ity for 200$...i really dont know much about a bass any details?
  2. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Do a search, and take a crash course in touch typing. Oh, and lay off the whiskey.
  3. luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    If it has a black headstock it should be a GSR 200 (in my recollection) with a PJ config.: 2 small pups at the neck one long, skinny one at the bridge. White head stock and it's a GSR 190. If it only has a P pup (2 small pups at the neck), it's either GSR 150 or 100.

Gio was the older designation. If it's stock, you can buy GSR 200's all day long on ebay for $150, occassionally $100 but shipping will be another $30 give or take. The other models $100.

If the frets and neck are good, it's a good starter bass and you can transplant active electronics later if you choose because the pickup bays are large enough. I transplanted Barts, EMGs, Aggies, among others and have a wall of low line Ibe's. I like them cause they're light, well balanced, and fairly fast necks - esp. the GSR 300's.