1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

ibby gsrm20 mikro basses discontinued

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by screefer, Nov 21, 2017.

1. screefer

screefer

Nov 7, 2017
    The Island
    Hi All, I just got off the phone with Ibanez Canada and they say this bass has been discontinued......I got my new one just in time .:)

2. PauFerro

PauFerro

Jun 8, 2008
    United States
    Too bad -- they made good piccolo basses.

3. Yahboy

Yahboy

May 21, 2008
    The alternative ~ Talman 30.

fermata and Spidey2112 like this.
  4. PauFerro

PauFerro

Jun 8, 2008
    United States
    And so as a result of this post, I bought one. Even though I'm in America. My next piccolo bass.

5. Greenstreet

Greenstreet

Aug 31, 2017
    Was it a specific model or color you asked about, or the Ibanez MiKro Bass in general? I know that the five-string, for example, was discontinued in the Canadian market (but not the US market), and that certain colors are available in some markets but not others.

I don't know if it's true or not, but I do know that the last time this rumor was floated, it was about three weeks before they added the GSRM20B models to the lineup.

6. Greenstreet

Greenstreet

Aug 31, 2017
    I hope they didn't roll out those Talmans to replace the MiKros. They're not the same.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    ScottMatt likes this.
  7. alaskaleftybass

alaskaleftybass Will Hanbury, Jr. Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    They don't make it in Lefty. The Mikro was one of the few lefty holdouts. Pity.

8. Greenstreet

Greenstreet

Aug 31, 2017
    Yup. If it's true, it's a bad oscar.

9. Sid the Kid

Sid the Kid Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2013
    Illinois
    I'd pay good money for a Premium Mikro and I don't think I am alone. Sad news if it's true. I love my little guy.

ScottMatt likes this.