Ibby SRX550 action....suggestions?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by mello_bedwetter, Feb 19, 2010.

1. The Ibby SRX550 came in today and I ended up putting the D'Addrios Chrome Flats on it that I had here at the house. I really like the sound but I find that the action is too high. I have the E string as low as it goes and it still rides high. I do have it strung with the ball of the strings directly under the saddle. I wonder if I go to the rear of the saddle it may drop the action a little more? I checked the neck and it looks like it's adjusted good.
    I posted this in the "strings" section too. It originally was a question about strings but when I put the strings on it became a "set up" question too. I use flats on all my basses because I prefer them. Thanks.
    I just got the bass today.

2. ehque

ehque

Jan 8, 2006
    Singapore
    Is the relief of the neck ok?

If it is, and you can't lower your action further with the saddles, then a shim is in order.

3. lug

lug Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 31, 2021