Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibenaz EDB,EDC, Necks. flimsy?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PollyBass, Oct 31, 2001.

1. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Just making sure, do the ibanez ergodyne series have easyly bent necks? i cant have no wussy necks, not down here. ive already had to bent p-bass necks. How do they rate in the strength cat.? I know that soundgears have a problem with there necks, but how bout the edb's?

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    IME they are actually quite sturdy. They too are made of luthite, I believe. Either that or necks have a seriously heavy coat of something on them. I wouldn't worry about any strength problems.

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

They are painted hard rock maple necks.

Polly, were those Squiers, MIMs or MIAs? The P bass neck is pretty hard to bend.

4. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    There were both MIM, and that probly had something to do with it. i know that p-bass necks are pretty hard to bend, well, harder than other basses... but if they dont bend REAL easy, that would be fine, i just dont want something that will just buckle when it hits some humidity.

5. well, i usually keep my bass in a dry place ;)

6. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Yeah, try to as wel, but the southen humidty down here is real bad, im just saying, if it ever got hit with some, as long as it wouldnt just bend like mad. Ireally hope that the necks arent that bad.

7. well, i live in brazil, and i think the humidty here is kinda.... wet. but not too much, since i live at sao paulo (take a look at the atlas you lasy boy). and i havent got any problems with it

8. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Well, we have alot of ups and down in the temps. in one day it went from 80degrees to 32degrees. no kidding, so im guessing that isnt to good. but anyway. i was just making sure that thet arnt weaker than other necks. hope they arnt.

9. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

You didn't happen to leave those P basses leaning against the wall or something, did you?

10. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Not this one, i have two. the other one i did, (didnt know any better) And its pretty messed up. but once again. just finding out if the Ergodyne Ibanez series has a good neck.

11. vegaas

vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    Milwaukee
    I have an EDC700, live in Milwaukee, which means humid summers and cold winters. I havent had a problem with the neck at all. This is one of my favorite bass'(what is the plural of bass? bass' or basses or bass's) I have ever owned.