Ibenez BTB

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JHMAVRO, Jul 12, 2000.

May 29, 2000
    hooksett NH USA
    Anyone try/own one? How much do they go for?
    I read about them in the Ibanez catalog but cant find one anywere.

insert somthing funny here

[This message has been edited by JHMAVRO (edited July 13, 2000).]
  2. I played a BTB 5-string at Guitar Center. I personally didn't like it. It had some weird kind of strings on it that felt horrible, and the neck profile was not to my liking. I didn't bother to plug it in. But, of course, YMMV, so go out and try one!

May 29, 2000
    hooksett NH USA
    wow Dave that took like 30 seconds after I posted.Great response time!!!!

[This message has been edited by JHMAVRO (edited July 12, 2000).]
  4. Yeah, work is a little slow right now!
    I notice in your profile that you have a Peavey Cirrus 5. I've played one of those too and I thought it was much better than the BTB, IMHO.

[This message has been edited by Dave Siff (edited July 12, 2000).]
  5. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    JHMAVRO: I've heard pretty nice stories about the BTB. but from what i've heard. You could get a much better bass for the price range that the BTB is in! Try the Peavy Cirrus-4. Those are sweeet for the price. Carvin are sweet also! (500-700$ range) so look in to those. [​IMG] I just ordered a Salas Custom bass [​IMG] $1000
  6. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I-B-A-N-E-Z. (Sorry to be so anal, but I can't stand to look at it any more [​IMG].)
  7. hk2hunterkiler

Jul 8, 2000
    their alot of crappy ibanez basses out their and they dont really have alot of high end models. i played a couple of ibanez customs and some BTB basses. the costums were ok but i would rather get something else for the price of them. the BTB basses had some really weird strings on them but they didnt play that bad comparing to some of their crappy stuff. if i was goin to a ibanez i would get a BTB or just go custom. but i think their alot nicer basses out their that you can get for the price your paying for a BTB. but they werent that bad of a bass.
  8. the stalker

the stalker

Jul 23, 2000
    I love the Ibanez BTB it is probably the best bass made by ibanez its quite nice
  9. I don't know..... The neck feels a little chunky to me.....
  10. I have a 5-string version and I like it a lot. You might look at this thread as well: Ibanez BTB Club.
  11. TomA1234

Jul 27, 2009
    Fareham, England
    Check out the BTB club thread (link already posted).
    Obviously we will be biased but it will give you a good idea of what they are like.
  12. chadhargis

chadhargis Jack of all grooves, master of none Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    I have a BTB 1305e Prestige that's darn nice. Bart pre and pickups. Very nice bass.
  13. Nomadskills

Dec 27, 2010
    Wow! Talk about resurection...
  14. Nomadskills

Dec 27, 2010
    Took longer then you thought I bet.
  15. Yes, Sir. Good eyes!
  16. BTB's are definitely not for everyone. They were designed to be more "traditional" in size and sound than the SR line. The necks are wider and the bodies are bigger. I personally like the wider neck on my fiver because the string spacing is wider as well. The neck is thin front to back, so the width isn't an issue. I have yet to play a bass that balances better than my BTB. I didn't like the stock electronics and have changed those out, but the bass itself is great.

They're not for everyone.
  17. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Banned

Jan 20, 2011
    BTB's are 35" scale. The necks on the 4 string basses feel wide, flat, & spread out. Good for big hands. Some are really nice, some are budget level. You can get away w a pretty good bolt-on neck BTB w two Bartolini soapbars under $400. I got mine for around 300 I think. I've since given it to my cousin. Very modern sound.
    Neck-thru + spalted or nicer maple bodies are gorgeous & obviously more $$$$.
    Ibanez Prestige & SR series are 34" & have some very nice models.
  18. chadhargis

chadhargis Jack of all grooves, master of none Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    My BTB Prestige is 35"