Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibz SR506 wiring discrepancies

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Dynna, Nov 2, 2004.

1. Dynna

Dynna

Oct 23, 2004
    First, I'm having some volume issues with my Ibz 6 string. It's quieter on full than my MM Stingray5 and Sdgr800 4 are on half.

Second, I d/l'ed a schematic diagram for the 506 and upon further inspection of MY 506, it appears that the wiring is rather UNLIKE the schematic. All the knobs do their job, more or less, but I'm wondering how much of an effect this difference in the wiring is affecting the performance of my 506.
    There are also 3 red wires coming from the board and knobs that have been just taped off together, and I see no indication from the schematics that that should be the case.

Have knobs been replaced with lesser and "unmatched" parts, and created volume issues and excess wiring?

Guesses, informed opinions, advice, and possible/probable solutions would be greatly appreciated.

2. Dynna

Dynna

Oct 23, 2004
    One thing I forgot to mention is that there is a piece of thick paper over the back of the pre-amp board. It appears to serve as a separator between the solder and the cavity cover shielding.

I thought that was a little weird, and I haven't had the guts to put the cover on without the paper blocking the solder joints.

3. Dynna

Dynna

Oct 23, 2004
    Does no one have even a supposition?