Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by isan, Sep 20, 2005.

1. isan

Sep 20, 2005
    I am new and i have edb600 and a fender rumble 60 and i am taking back the edb600 it is way to heavy , I mean if it was like really really nice I would keep it but its just too heavy I am considering and almost positive I want a ICB200 but before i get it (tommorow), I want to know if yall know anything bad about them.
    Besides the top heavy neck . Thanks again
  2. SmittyG

Dec 24, 2003
    Texarkana, Texas
    I ordered one and had to return it a few hours after getting it--the E string had no output. Well, very little output. The A, D, and G strings all sounded very good and nicely balanced. The build quality and fretwork wasn't too bad for one of the cheaper Ibanez axes. But, after fighting with that E for a couple of hours, I just could not get any real output from it. I just couldn't justify keeping a brand new bass with that kind of flaw. I would like to think that this was an isolated situation. I just can't believe they would have a model on the market with this as a design flaw. I bet yours will be great but I am interested in your report once you get it.
  3. purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    I don't mean to sound negative but these basses have poor reviews in general . Some of the common complaints include heavy neck and uncomfortable to play. If you want to stick with Ibanez it might be worth looking at their SRX line in that price range.
  4. Maybe an ASB140

or AGB140

Might be lighter...
  5. I have an ICB300 and have no problems with it.
    You can usually get one on ebay for around $300.
    Or, take a look at some other basses with the double soapbar setup. Unless you really want the look of the iceman.

As an aside, I had a guy come up after a gig a couple weeks ago and asked me if I was running effects from the iceman, or did the pickups just suck? I thought it was a funny, if not typical, thing another bassist might say.