1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ID jazz bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by indianajones, Jan 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. indianajones

indianajones

Jan 12, 2018
    hello
    plz help me to find out what is this?
    american standart jazz bass 2006, really?

IMG_5067.
    IMG_5070.
    IMG_5068.
    IMG_5069.
    IMG_5076.
    IMG_5080.
    IMG_5081. IMG_5084.

Attached Files:

2. cataract

cataract Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    Should be pretty easy to identify using an online serial # database?

3. indianajones

indianajones

Jan 12, 2018
    yes, and it show it like "american standart jazz bass 2006"

but what is this?

IMG_5069.

cant find the same basses, only on deluxe series
    the bridge also not original

4. The neck looks legit for an '06 American Standard. I've seen that 60th anniversary medal on the back of the headstock on other '06 Fenders, both MIM and MIA. The body, however, does not look right. An American Standard Jazz should not be string-through and should not have an access plate on the back. It looks more like a Deluxe, but a Deluxe wouldn't have a rectangular neck plate. This could be an American Standard that someone has modified to be more like a Deluxe, or it could be a non-Fender body. I would not be interested in buying this bass.

5. Flaked Beans

Flaked Beans

Sep 9, 2005
    NYC
    Legit '06 fender am.std. jazz neck. That's not a legit am.std. body at all.

6. Glazenn

Glazenn

May 16, 2011
    France
    @indianajones
    Router holes (2) => MIM body
    My comments :
    It's a Deluxe Active body, the battery cover was that very same shape in 2007 (it's now rectangular).
    3-piece alder body. Dated 07 May 2007 or (2002 ?).
    Fancy control plate (3 knobs for passive wiring; originally 4 knobs, 3-band EQ and jack on the side), string-through holes and ferrules likely added for a string-through bridge.
    The pickups seem to be "Vintage Original" Jazz Bass PU (re: cloth wires).
    Copper foil shielding added.
    Is there a jack hole or remnants of it on the side ?
    It's a modified alder MIM body with a MIA neck, not an MIA bass, it's nice looking (control plate aside), with some interesting upgrades, so, with a pickguard on, I don't find anything wrong since the details are known.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  7. indianajones

indianajones

Jan 12, 2018
    "Is there a jack hole or remnants of it on the side ?"
    looks like is there original jack hole like on foto

btw this :frankenstein" bass sounds great )

8. Glazenn

Glazenn

May 16, 2011
    France
    I'm sure it does, it's a Fender, after all. Not frankenstein, just an hydrid Fender.
    (If you don't mind, please just change that ugly control plate and knobs).

9. It's an American deluxe body. The neck is probably original. The preamps on these basses did not have the greatest reputation, so it appears someone converted to passive. The stock pickups on these were Noiseless stacked humbuckers, so these are probably not originals. Also, someone went to the trouble of copper sheilding the cavities which tends to indicate standard single could.