'I'd like fries with that, and step on it!'

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by eric atkinson, Jan 31, 2006.

1. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001

This got me thinking. How many of you eat at fast food places more than one time a week? I had a problem with it when I was a teen and the band days when I was on the road allot. But now I just can not stand the food. And for some reason the thought of using all this new technology for this crap is just nuts!
  2. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    Yeah, fast food is crap. These days, the closest I get to fast food is Subway or Quizno's.
  3. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    I stopped eating fast food like McDonalds, Wendy's and BK in 4th grade. I started eating it again in b/w 7th and 10th grade while I was playing lacrosse because it was either that or no dinner at all after away games. The last time I had it was a month ago while stuck in Chicago O' Hare. I was hoping it would be some sort of great, guilty pleasure indulgence, but I felt sick afterwards and almost felt like I was going to crap my pants. Now I stay as far away from the stuff as possible.
  4. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    I mostly stopped going to fast food resturants when my kids got old enough to stop asking for happy meals. Nowadays, if we are doing fast food it will usually be an Oriental Chicken Salad at Wendy's for me.
  5. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Not offten... but In and out is gooooooooood
  6. Wesley R

Wesley R Supporting Member

five to ten times per week, sometimes more!
    One of our new years resolutions was to get down too once every two weeks. Working two jobs, way too many trips to the hospital & care center, sometimes its the only food(?) that time allows for.

Best of Luck,
    Wesley R.
  7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
  8. I try to stay away from it as much as possible. A big thing has been bringing my lunch to work. Tastes better, it's cheaper, and now I'm drinking a lot more water instead of the sugary pop that comes with the combo.

And how much friggin sense does that make?!?! I can't believe they have friggin Burger King et al INSIDE hospitals!!! Smart governments/hospital administrations should be advocating preventative healthcare as much as possible, not giving a poor patient's visitors a crap choice of only not-good-for-you food in their food courts!
  9. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    So now you can get obese...even faster. Woo-hoo!:meh:
  10. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    I think when i'll be coming back from school i ma get me some pho... that stuff is sooo goood!

11. Jack In The Box tacos are sooooooooo good, but way unhealthy. It's a vicious cycle.
  12. I go to fast food when I have too(roadtrips and they are the only places around), but I try to avoid them as much as possible, I always feel like I'm going to die afterwards...
  13. Sounds like a bad method of avoiding fast food... I haven't watched the movie btw but it sounds quite a sick way of making money, although I don't know if his purpose was to make money or prove smth
  14. Over the past year and a half I severely cut down on my intake of fast food, and in the past 3 months or so have cut it out of my diet almost entirely. The stuff is dangerously unhealthy, both in regards to the fat content and high sugar content, but also in re: to the ways the food is processed within an inch of still being classified as foodstuffs, and in everything added to said "food" to "enhance" flavor and it's just scary.

I will not soapbox and say I won't ever eat it again, because I'm sure I will, but I assure you I will have done my best to exhaust all other possible options before doing so.

15. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Fast food can be a regular part of a heatly diet. Fact.
  16. dharma

dharma Srubby wubbly

Oct 14, 2005
    Monroe, Louisiana
    Toasted is correct.

And not in that "pedals with blue LED's make you a better bass player" kind of way, either.

Fast food CAN be a part of a healthy diet.

I eat fast food maybe twice a week. I have low cholesterol as of a blood screen last month, and weigh 130 lbs at 5'3".
  17. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    It can be broken. I did it. What you need to do is go to your local JITB and order as many tacos as you think you can eat at one time.....then order 10 more on top of that. Get yourself one of those super-mega size sodas.

Go home and start wolfing down the tacos. When you get to the point where you are full, keep eating. When you get to the point where you can't stand one more bite, keep eating. When you get to the point where you feel like you are going to throw up, keep eating. Don't forget to keep drinking the soda also.

At some point, you are going to throw up little tiny chunks of chewed up JITB tacos. For me, it was a couple hours later. Stare at them and take a deep whiff of the smell as you hang over the toilet. Trust me, this works! You will be cured of any desire to eat those nasty tacos. Each time you drive by a JITB later, the sights and smells of your taco vomit will come to mind and quench any desire you have to eat them. I get sick to my stomach to this day when I drive by a JITB.

Is it extreme? Sure is. But it works. For some people, extreme measures must be taken. Not saying you are in this position, just telling you how it works.

18. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I'll agree. The problem I see is that people make it too big of a part of their diet.

19. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    the book "fast food nation" is probably more effective in swaying people into not eating fast food than, say, supersize me.

the case is stronger, you get more rational arguments, there isn't a sensational tone, etc.

but it's easier to watch a movie. :D

and i do like fast food on occasion, so i won't be reading it! :D
  20. dharma

dharma Srubby wubbly

Oct 14, 2005
    Monroe, Louisiana
    Sounds like a very effective punishment ... er ... coercion technique, man.

Taco-vomit ... mmm mmm ... :help: