1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I'd like you all to meet Alicia:)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by easyvision, May 7, 2010.

1. She's the newest member of my family. She's a Mazeti bass. Bought purely because my guitarist got a Mazeti guitar, I had a shot of it and fell in love. Then I saw this beaut on eBay. I just had to have her.

6 strings, 3 band active EQ, active/passive switch, main volume and pick-up blend knobs, walnut body with a maple/rosewood neck, rosewood fretboard, insanely light for the size of the thing.

It plays like a dream. The spacing between the strings is surprisingly wide, but still very comfortable. The EQ is extremely diverse. One slight turn of the knob will generate an entirely different sound.

Very, VERY pleased with this buy. Oh...and I picked her up for £270, and that includes postage. Steal!:ninja:

Here's the por...I mean, pics:)

P1010133.

P1010134.

P1010135.

P1010136.

P1010137.

2. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    hey there :bag:

she's quite a looker!

3. SSINTENSE

SSINTENSE

Jun 6, 2005
    That looks beautiful man.

I have a question about those fat neck basses. Is it noticeably more difficult to wrap your hand around those? It looks like reaching for that B would take some getting used to.

I'm not so sure because I have never played a 6 string, but it looks like alot to wrap my fingers around.

4. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Wow that is pretty! Grats!

5. She is a beaut. Sounds a lot better than she looks, I assure you. I'll see if I can get some clips up in the next day or so.

It does take a bit of getting used to. I went from a 4 string, to a 5, to a 6 and have had a mixed bunch of the three since then. Getting used to the 6 was definitely the hardest transition. The B isn't the easiest string to hit at first, but once your hand gets used to the new neck size and positioning it has to be in, it's a walk in the park.

I've been GASing for a 6 string since before Christmas 08. Had to sell my TRB1006 cause I wasn't working. Finally got a 4, a 5 and a 6 I'm 100% happy with!

Now all I need is a fretless...

6. wmheilma

wmheilma

Jan 5, 2010
    Awesome! I hope you like playing 6-string bass as nuch as I do! it takes a while to get used to muting the ones you are not playing, so they don't sing along, but the extended range is helpful especially if you are doing trio work and have to do extrensive soloing and cover keyboard parts.

She's a beauty!

7. SSINTENSE

SSINTENSE

Jun 6, 2005
    The potential bass challenges just don't stop coming lol. I just bought a fretless and from what everyone is telling me it is going to take thousands of hours to get proficient.

The 6 string sounds like a pysical challenge.

But that's the fun part of music and bass playing for me. There's always something to improve at

8. SSINTENSE

SSINTENSE

Jun 6, 2005
    The first thing I thought when I saw that bass was a Warrior bass. I love that finish

9. To be entirely honest, so long as you keep an open mind, you'll get through any challenges you may face and you'll have a blast doing it!

Playing fretless is as much as mental challenge as it is a physical one. Not only do you have to really pay attention to what the note sounds like, you have to force your hands to remember where the sweet spots are for each note. It will take time to get really good with your intonation but when you get there...what a feeling!!

The 6 string is most definitely a physical challenge. Unless you've got shovels for hands, it's nigh on impossible to hook your thumb around the top of the neck. It requires almost a whole new technique! Very worth it though. I love my 6 string.

All the best in adjusting to your fretless! If you need any help, feel free to pm me. I'll be more than happy to help bud:)

10. SSINTENSE

SSINTENSE

Jun 6, 2005
    Thanks man! will do

11. Is she a *goer*?
    He asked knowingly...
    :ninja:/;)
    Nice bass.

12. She's whatever you want her to be;)

13. lucas vigor

lucas vigor Banned

Sep 2, 2004
    Orange County, Ca,
    I love the fact that your bass has a wide neck! That's the one thing I don't like about my 6 string Carvin. Too narrow! I wish more 6's had that!

http://www.myspace.com/lucasvigor

14. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Aug 5, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona 85029
    Endorsing Artist: J.C. Basses
    It's really not that tough. I actually found the smaller string spacing to feel more comfortable and took right to it.

15. I totally agree. That's the only thing I didn't like about my TRB. I just couldn't fully get to grips with the spacing. My hands felt cramped.

But this one...it plays on par with the other 2 basses I've got, and I'm one picky basstard when it comes to the feel of a bass! It just feels so natural...

My pinky's almost entirely useless when it comes to fretting the A string, but...meh, minor detail:p

16. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Nice bass! Congratulations!

17. nice grab. I too like the wide neck.

18. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Hot, just freakin' hot.

19. Buchada Azeda

Buchada Azeda

Mar 25, 2009
    Brazil
    Looks like the daughter of a Pedulla and a Spector NS. I like her.

20. it looks a lot like my 8 string, but my 8 is a 'wolf' it has the same scorpion logo too.

it was an ebay cheapie but works fine, i popped some lane poor jazz in it too. the neck on the 8 is also quite wide and spacing is HUGE! but i like wide necks, just could do with slightly adustable saddles.

ill see if i can find a pic of my 8 string

here is the head
    DSCF2416.

gebass6 likes this.