Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ID on a Marshall Silver Jubilee

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Beammeup, Apr 18, 2004.

1. Beammeup

Beammeup

Oct 7, 2002
    Denmark
    Hi,

I hope you can help me to get some details about this Amp.
    Marshall 3530 19" 2 rack units. Chrome front.

I appreciate anything thing: links, details, pictures - anything :hyper:

I've attached a picture, to inspire you.

I'm really looking forward to hear from you.

2. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Hi Henrik, check here:

http://www.drtube.com/marshall.htm

The 3520 schematics are supposedly "almost identical" to the 3530. The preamp section is supposed to be identical.

Here's the short skinny:

3530, 300W Bass head
    This bass head was in production from 1987 upto 1993. In 1987 (the Silver Jubilee year) this amp was covered in silver vinyl. In the years after 1987 this amp was covered in the normal black vinyl.

3. Beammeup

Beammeup

Oct 7, 2002
    Denmark
    Hi Nonsqtr,

Is this Rack version rare?
    I can't find anything on this particular model anywhere.

Do you have any idea of the price on this thing ?

4. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    They don't seem to be especially rare, but they didn't sell a whole lot of them either. If you search Google under "Marshall 3530" you'll find several studios that have these in their equipment list. My buddy got one in for service a couple of months ago (it was the first one he'd seen, and he's been in business for twenty years, so I don't know if that means they're rare or just that they don't break down very much). I'm clueless about the prices or value, you can probably dig up some Marshall ads or brochures to find out what they original sold for, and you can try posting in some of the Marshall forums.