1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ID this bass/rig

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Stranger Danger, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Stranger Danger

Stranger Danger Feel Like A Stranger Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Texas
    This is a picture of John Keane, one of my favorite guitarists/producers/multi-talented guys on the planet. Can you ID this bass/rig? Thanks in advance.

keanebass.jpg

2. Thundar

Thundar Don't talk old to me Supporting Member

Looks like a Guild Pilot bass, but from that angle I cant tell for sure if its a Pilot.

3. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    Is that "EV" in white on the PA head/speaker?

4. Pandabass

Pandabass

Aug 14, 2010
    Athens, GA
    I play in a couple bands with John. Forwarded him a link to this thread. I have a rehearsal with him tomorrow night. I'll ask about what rig he played through. The one in the pic is a keyboard rig. That picture is from an R.E.M. tribute show we did at the Melting Point in Athens, GA. John played bass with Mitch Easter for a set.

5. Pandabass

Pandabass

Aug 14, 2010
    Athens, GA
    Trying to remember...I think we all shared an old SVT. I don't recall if John played through something else. Several bands on the bill. Cindy Wilson from the B-52's headlined.

6. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    Guild Pilot. There's one exactly like it (except color) in the classifieds.

7. Guild Pilot bass- maybe..? The *bass* rig looks like a PA head(multiple inputs)on an old Peavey cab.

Edit: That's funny- I typed this out a couple hours ago & neglected to *submit* it.. Piloto it is then, eh?

8. Stranger Danger

Stranger Danger Feel Like A Stranger Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Texas
    Nice, thanks. I was born and raised in NOLA but Athens is where its at.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021