1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Idaho GTG

Discussion in 'Social Events and Get Togethers [BG]' started by bobunit, Aug 14, 2012.

1. bobunit

bobunit I'm here. Now what? Supporting Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Idaho
    Hey there. I'm trying to get a GTG going for Sept. 22 and want to see if there is any interest. The last time we did this, it was a lot of fun. It will be held on the same day as the Michael Manring concert. What do ya think? Lets DO this! :bassist:

[​IMG]

If you are interested in the show, here's the link.

Manring will doing a clinic Sunday, 23rd. If you are interested, here's the link.

2. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    N.H.
    Mike Manring is a force to behold on Bass.
    I think he is from a different planet.
    I have caught him 4 times at clinics.
    A real treat for any bass player.
    GLW GTG

3. bobunit

Jul 15, 2008
    Idaho
    Thanks. :)

4. Passinwind

Passinwind I am Passinwind and some of you are not. Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    Hoping I can make it again this year Bob. I had a blast last time.

5. bobunit

Jul 15, 2008
    Idaho
    Sounds good. Hopefully, there will be a good porter or stout on tap to compensate for the drive. :D

6. basswest

basswest

Dec 16, 2006
    Where in Idaho, please?

7. Passinwind

Passinwind I am Passinwind and some of you are not. Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Boise. Click the links in Bob's first post for the concert and clinic details. The GTG venue the last time was a music store a few miles from downtown, same one as the clinic location I think?

8. DukeLeJeune

DukeLeJeune rational romantic mystic cynical idealist Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 24, 2008
    Princeton, Texas
    Owner & designer, AudioKinesis; Auth. mfg, Big E (Home Audio only)
    It looks like I will be able to attend (and stay for the concert). Okay if I bring several cabs? I have a new model coming out, and then a couple of potentially interesting projects in the works.

9. bobunit

Jul 15, 2008
    Idaho
    Like Charlie mentioned, it will be in Boise. However, I have not confirmed the location. As soon as I know (hopefully tomorrow), I will post it with directions.

Absolutely!

10. PBFACTOR

PBFACTOR

Dec 21, 2001
    Boise, ID
    I'm in, and i just ran into darcy (inepogy,subvert) today. I'll tell her too.

11. bobunit

Jul 15, 2008
    Idaho
    I have good news! We have confirmed a location. It's going to be at the same place as the Manring show. For those attending the Manring show it's a win win in my book. Show up for the GTG and stay for the concert. You can keep your gear in the building thoughout the show. No worries of someone messing with your stuff in the car. Here's the deets...

The Rose Room
    718 West Idaho Street
    Boise, ID 83702

4-6PM

The Rose Room entrance is next to Old Chicago. Click on this Google link and 'click street view'. Go through the double doors and head upstairs.
    While there is on-street parking, your best bet are the Capitol Terrace and Eastman parking garages. Here is a link to the map. If you plan on bringing a bunch of gear, just give me a heads up before the day of. This will allow me to prepare for on-street load in so you don't have to lug your gear a couple blocks. ;)

Gear that will be on hand...
    Aguilar GS212
    Markbass LMIII
    Mesa Boogie Fathom (M6 Carbine)
    Zon, Spector, Roscoe, Atomic...

Now, how about a head count and whatcha bringin'? :D

12. Passinwind

Dec 3, 2003
    Sweet, that'll work really well for me Bob.

I'm planning on bringing two DIY rack preamps (one solid state and one tube one), my quasi-IP power amp, and my Crescent Moon fretless w/Q-Tuner pickups. I could bring along a Thunderchild 112AF and/or one of my 15/6/1 cabs (non-fEARful) if someone really wants to hear them, but I think Duke's new cabs would likely cover the same ground and then some anyway.

13. PBFACTOR

PBFACTOR

Dec 21, 2001
    Boise, ID
    TC ELECTRONIC RH750
    TC ELECTRONIC RS212
    EBS MULTIDRIVE
    EBS BASSIQ
    BIYANG BABY BOOM REVERB
    BOSS OC3
    DIGITECH BASS DRIVER
    DIGITECH CHORUS
    MXR NOISE GATE
    SCHECTER MODEL T

14. bobunit

Jul 15, 2008
    Idaho
    :eek: Ooh, that looks interesting.

15. PBFACTOR

PBFACTOR

Dec 21, 2001
    Boise, ID
    it's a nice sounding reverb.

16. DukeLeJeune

DukeLeJeune rational romantic mystic cynical idealist Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 24, 2008
    Princeton, Texas
    Thanks, Bob! Man, that is AWESOME!!

Headcount... me and my daughter, who's attending Boise State.

Stuff... a new 212 cab, probably an experimental 15 + guitar speaker cab, and possibly an experimental 118 cab.

17. bobunit

Jul 15, 2008
    Idaho
    At the venue, there will be a full bar (w/id) opening around 5pm. Some bass, some beer, more bass... Good stuff. :D

Excellent!

18. bobunit

Jul 15, 2008
    Idaho
    Getting close... :)

19. DukeLeJeune

Nov 24, 2008
    Princeton, Texas
    Thanks for the encouragement, Bob.

The 118 cab I mentioned isn't going to make it; a part that I ordered won't be here in time.

20. bobunit

Jul 15, 2008
    Idaho
    All good. We're just happy to have you there. :)