Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Idea for my new rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dees, Aug 24, 2004.

1. I've basically put my new rig together, I'm still a bit in doubt, but hey
    So this will probably be it (Ampeg rig)
    -SVT-410HE Punchy 4*10, with the idea of adding another 410HE after a year or so
    -As for the amp, I'm going for a seperate pre/power setup
    SVP-PRO (tubes, a must-have for my new rig
    QSC RMX 1450 (the PLX series are a bit to expensive, I haven't had the chance to test this amp, but keerp hearing great things about it)
    I don't know which Flightcase I'm going to buy, I don't know a lot about it (options would be very convenient :D )
    I'm going to look at a SVT-3PRO too, but have tested them before, and wasn't very impressed, great sound, but not enough power.

I play currently in 2 bands, a metal and an oldies-cover band, so I think I'll have enough versatility with this rig, don'tyou think?
    And I play a MM Stingray 2EQ, so the bass won't be any problem :hyper:

Well, I'd like you guys to give some comments, what do you think? would you replace anything?
    This will be me first rig, so I'm prety excited about it
    thanks

2. Jerrold Tiers

Jerrold Tiers

Nov 14, 2003
    St Louis
    Consider an SVP-CL.....more vintage SVT plus other newer settings.

3. TheChariot

TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    ditto.

The CL would probably go well with a cover band and would still give you the diversity for metal.

The RMX1450 is a great piece of equipment.... if you can tolerate the extra 20lbs is you have to haul over the PLX series amps. Other than that, I think you'll be pleased with it.