Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Idea

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by gazzabom, Jul 14, 2001.

1. gazzabom

gazzabom Guest

Apr 9, 2001
    Wales
    A good idea is to play your first gig as a support band for someone. At the time of our first gig we all had tiny amps, but the band we were supporting had £6000 worth of equiptment. So we didnt have to bring anything. When your young (like me) this can be a good idea.

2. gazzabom

gazzabom Guest

Apr 9, 2001
    Wales
    Oops. This was meant to be a reply not a new thread. Sorry about that.

3. XveganhardcoreX

XveganhardcoreX Guest

Apr 28, 2001
    BOSTONNNNNNNNNNNN
    i hear ya. never play a gig with tiny amps, even if its a church youth room with an audience of 30.

4. erik II

erik II

Jul 11, 2000
    Oslo, Norway
    The few times my band played support we had to bring our own equipment and rig it in front of the main band setup. We were not allowed to use their gear.

5. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I'm not sure if I'd let somebody play over my gear when I don`t know them and they never played a gig before.

I'd recommend playing the first gigs at school or at friends' parties to gain some experience.
    You probably won't be able to get an opener gig when you never played live before.

6. gazzabom

gazzabom Guest

Apr 9, 2001
    Wales
    JMX, Our band got exactly that. The guy booking only heard us play one song before hand, and he put us as an opener. And it was our first ever perfomance in public.